North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Team b

Started by Old Gobbler, March 02, 2019, 05:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossAnderson

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 29, 2019, 07:55:30 PM
Ya know, boys.................... I'd say we ended up with a danged solid team.

We're currently 9 guys outta 12 with at least one bird on the ground and it's not even May, yet.

One thing I did notice............. hunter109 never checked in or posted or anything.  Hasn't been online since March 10th.  Wondering if he forgot or even knows he's on a team ??  Thinking I'll try shooting him a PM to see if he's aware he's in the contest.

Hey your right about that. I wouldn't mind staying on yalls team for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

RossAnderson

Quote from: POk3s on April 29, 2019, 07:33:33 PM
Howdy boys! Iowa treated me well! Gorgeous country with gobbling turkeys. The weather did suck but I made the most of it! I was flat overjoyed to kill this gobbler this morning, but after I calmed down I was sad my adventure was over. I'll post the score sometime in the coming days. He's a dandy bird!

Way to go man! That's a good bird.

-Ross

Yoder409

Quote from: RossAnderson on April 29, 2019, 09:12:43 PM

Hey your right about that. I wouldn't mind staying on yalls team for next year.

"Yalls team" ??  Dude.............this is YOUR team as much as anyone's.

Kinda surprising (maybe) we're doing as well as we are, seeing as how we're the SECOND thrown together team of random guys for the year.

Since one guy was a total no-show, we're 9 for 11, so far............   Where else you gonna toss together 11 also-rans into a group that's batting .818 with a month of season to go for some of us ???!!!

It'd be a shame to NOT keep this team intact for next year. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

zsully

There is no doubt I want to keep this team together. This has been a fun group of guys that are flat out bad medicine for some turkey.

Yoder409

Quote from: zsully on April 29, 2019, 10:09:52 PM
There is no doubt I want to keep this team together. This has been a fun group of guys that are flat out bad medicine for some turkey.

You got ALL of that right. 

Yep
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

xbowhuntonly

I enjoy being on this team great idea to keep it together for next year

xbowhuntonly

Ok guys I killed another turkey in Ohio over the weekend I wasn't able to score him at all sorry about not scoring him it was miserable weather

POk3s

Thank you guys! I agree. Is team is flat dynamite. Sorry about the huge pictures! I realized mine on the last page. Ross if you go up and modify yours and unquote me we can get this back to a readable level! Hahaha! Sorry about that fellas!

Delmar ODonnell

I agree! This team has been anthrax on turkeys so far this year!

RossAnderson

Well I knocked another one down in GA this mornin. Best mornin I've had in a while, I bet he gobbled around 30 times. Ended up scoring 62.3 just under my other score so I ain't gonna post the measurements. But this is the longest beard on a Tom that I've ever shot with a beard length of 12 3/8. He only weighed 14.4 so I believe that's what got my score.

-Ross

Yoder409

CONGRATS on some more DANDY birds, boys !!!!!

That's a heck of a beard !!!   At 14.4 lbs, that dude musta been BUSY this spring !!!
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

Hung tag #2 at 6:19 this morning.

Probably no score upgrade for the team.   But what an awesome morning and awesome hunt !!!

Pics to come......
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

This is one of a pair of birds that hosed me yesterday.  So I decided to hose him back today.

Yesterday, I had this dude and another longbeard strutting for about a half hour 30-40 yards out of range.  Then 2 hens dropped outta the trees right into them and they all drifted off.  So this morning I got in on the same spot.......just a tree or two away from where I sat yesterday..........and waited for them to fire up.  When they did, one was about 150-200 yards behind me and the other was about 300-400 yards in front of me.  I got up and moved to  tree about 15-20 yards in the direction of the closer bird and set up facing thataway.  Gave him a few tree calls.  He was gobbling........but not AT me.  Just gobbling.  Then things got quiet for a minute or two and he gobbled from the ground.  Gave him a flydown and he hammered RIGHT back.  I cut him off, then did a flydown with my hat and did some sharp cutts.  Got the gun on the stick and the dot turned on.  About a minute.......maybe two....... I look right and he is out through the timber in full strut.  He just starts picking his way toward me........strutting........breaking and walking...........strutting some more.  At 34-35 yards he gave a textbook opportunity, which I obliged and my season was over.   6:19 AM.

Just an AWESOME hunt and an AWESOME morning to be out.....taking in the sights........ breathing in the smells..........hearing the sounds of God's AMAZING creation !!!!!

Praise Him from whom ALL blessings flow !!!!

PA elitist since 1979

Delmar ODonnell

Hell yeah Yoder that is awesome. Looks like it was a beautiful morning to chase an even more beautiful bird. Love that gun by the way.

Yoder409

Oh, MY, but it was PERFECT !!!

60-ish degrees..............slight breeze.............stars out............GORGEOUS sunrise..............and a willing participant.

Thanks on the gun.  It's the product of 40 years evolution of me being a turkey hunter.   Started with..........then switched to........

Winchester 1200 2 3/4" 12 ga
Remington 870 Turkey 3" 12 ga
Browning BPS 3 1/2" 10 ga
Winchester Super X2 3 1/2" 12 ga
Winchester Super X3 3 1/2" 12 ga
NEF Pardner 3" 20 ga (with the SumToy treatment)

The little single is a joy to carry and kills nearly on par with any of the 3 1/2" guns.  Even a dumb guy will usually wisen up if given enough time..........   ;D
PA elitist since 1979