turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Older Federal flight controlled wads?

Started by 4nolz2, February 19, 2019, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nolz2

I've heard these aren't for ported chokes like my Sumtoy? I know I could try it but I'd rather not if it's damaging.TIA

Spring Fever

You will not damage anything. In fact that sumtoy you have will probably love those shells. I know mine does.

4nolz2

4nolz2

Update the older Federal Premium with FC wads (#5s) actually shot better than the Remington  Nitro #5s through the extended (Sumtoy) choke tube.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: 4nolz2 on February 23, 2019, 02:21:53 PM
Update the older Federal Premium with FC wads (#5s) actually shot better than the Remington  Nitro #5s through the extended (Sumtoy) choke tube.

anything is going to shoot better than the Remington shells, I have never been able to get any Remington shell to pattern worth a crap out of any shotgun that I own
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Bowguy

Back in the 80s only federal, Winchester n Remington sold turkey loads. Remington premiers were good. Nitro's never were good

Gen.27:3

Quote from: Bowguy on February 25, 2019, 08:33:11 PM
Back in the 80s only federal, Winchester n Remington sold turkey loads. Remington premiers were good. Nitro's never were good

X2 I agree completely.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Jmbradt3873

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 25, 2019, 09:13:43 AM
Quote from: 4nolz2 on February 23, 2019, 02:21:53 PM

anything is going to shoot better than the Remington shells, I have never been able to get any Remington shell to pattern worth a crap out of any shotgun that I own
I second that, the only thing that patterns worse out of my guns is the Kent "diamond shot"

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk