Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

how many?

Started by 3bailey3, February 07, 2019, 07:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

how many of you guys are using TSS out of those bad 20's. I will be trying out some Apex 9's this year, I just got a FF3 mounted today and I can't wait for a nice day to try them out.

harleytom

I'll be using them again this year as almost all my hand loads are gone and I'm short some of the components. My grandson knocked his first gobbler down last year using Apex #9, I have been very impressed with their performance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TKE921

I used Apex 9s last year and will be using them again this year.  They hit like Thor's hammer and my little Affinity 20 is so much nicer to carry around the mountains than my 11-87 12ga.

FullChoke

Well I guess the exception proves the rule here. I will be detonating the Federal Heavyweight 7s from my 870 this season as I still have 2 boxes left. I have shot TSS handloads in past seasons and was in total awe of what they did. I used those up and just haven't loaded any more.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 07, 2019, 07:15:18 PM
how many of you guys are using TSS out of those bad 20's. I will be trying out some Apex 9's this year, I just got a FF3 mounted today and I can't wait for a nice day to try them out.
It's the best drug you will ever try.  I've been an addict going on 7 years now. 
Seriously, I hope you like it. Pay attention to how much his noggin swells after getting run over by that stuff.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

paintbrush

Guess I'm behind the times as I still shoot Hevi 7's. Killed plenty of birds with the stuff and see no reason to switch up yet I guess. Maybe someday I'll give them a try. My T/C with an Indian Creek tube throws a great pattern out to 40 yards or so. I shoot most of my turkeys between 20 to 30 yards. I do have a new Rem. 20 I'm setting up, so maybe I will give them TSS's a try in that gun.

cramerhunts

I'll be using some Apex 9's this year as I was finally able to get my hands on some during the off season. Looking forward to putting them to work next month!

jakesdad

I guess I'm really behind the times. I still shot the winny longbeards out of my 870, as do my boys. Guess the turkeys in our neck of MO haven't evolved to being immune to lead yet..... :icon_thumright:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"