turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester Sxp Longbeard 20 gauge

Started by RED NECK, February 06, 2019, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I stopped by the shop where I but most of my scopes and chokes and he has a shipment that will be in this week and he has some .565 constriction chokes on it.I may try one,as both mine are .570.I did purchase a new scope for the gun,I went with a 1.75-4x32 Bushnell trophy xlt in realtree ap with circle plex and some flip up butler creek caps.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I mounted the scope this afternoon and used the higher cheek piece.

RED NECK

I just ordered the .555 from Indian creek,I hope to have it for next weekend but I have a handful of others to pattern and will pattern them before this gun.I thought it over and decided It was worth the little bit more money and maybe an extra week to get the exact choke I want for this gun.After the gun,sling,scope,rings,two extra chokes and ammo.I am in more than I figured I would be for this gun but If the gun patterns like I believe it will,I should have a great little setup.

RED NECK

The .555 Indian creek arrived today,It is just in time as I am heading out to pattern my guns tomorrow.

RED NECK

I wish I would have kept the target from 40 yards with the #7 tss and the .555 Indian creek choke.I fired 12 shots in total,I shot 7.5" to get scope dialed in and then it took me 3 tss shells to get it perfect at 40 yards.The thing I noticed is how bad the trigger pull is on this gun.I have never had a trigger as stiff and heavy as this one ever,I was shocked.My father fired it and said,wow.That isn't normal that is horrible.I am interested in getting it lightened by,15 lbs...It really was that bad.I really didn't notice it the first time I fired gun a few times a month ago but I did today.

I like this gun but the trigger is horrid.

RED NECK

Dropping the gun off tomorrow evening and will have it back by weekend and a decent trigger.

jryser

I have one and found a combo of choke and TSS I am 100% thrilled with from 9-8-7/12 (9 in KY, 8 in Iowa and 7 1/2 in Indiana). All three TSS pellet types are perfect hunting patterns. I must have a good model bc the trigger is perfect for me.
20 yards

40 yards. Those are both 7 1/2 TSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED NECK

I have never had a trigger as heavy as this one,It's flat out horrible and I am not overly concerned with trigger pull ever but this is not normal from my 39 years experience on earth and 50 some shotguns.

I  think the gun is a really nice gun,and as soon as trigger is normal I will be happy and ready to use it,at this point,I would not hunt with it.I would be afraid I would pull the shot to far right or left.It is that bad.

RED NECK

Well, You know it is a horrible trigger when the gunsmith in his late 50's says "Holy S...T ,how old is this gun?This must be an 11 lbs trigger.lol...

All joking aside,I dropped it off and he couldn't believe how heavy it was,I should have it back in a few days,time to shoot it again for the weekend.

jryser

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 09, 2019, 07:59:52 PM
Well, You know it is a horrible trigger when the gunsmith in his late 50's says "Holy S...T ,how old is this gun?This must be an 11 lbs trigger.lol...

All joking aside,I dropped it off and he couldn't believe how heavy it was,I should have it back in a few days,time to shoot it again for the weekend.
Let us know!!!

PEPPERHEAD

Quote from: jryser on April 08, 2019, 08:59:18 PM
I have one and found a combo of choke and TSS I am 100% thrilled with from 9-8-7/12 (9 in KY, 8 in Iowa and 7 1/2 in Indiana). All three TSS pellet types are perfect hunting patterns. I must have a good model bc the trigger is perfect for me.
20 yards

What choke are you running?

jryser

Quote from: PEPPERHEAD on April 13, 2019, 09:33:05 AM
Quote from: jryser on April 08, 2019, 08:59:18 PM
20 yards

What choke are you running?

Primos TW .570

RED NECK

I will have my gun back Thursday and I have been debating on buying a higher end little reflex/red dot for it.I was going to buy another 20 gauge but have decided that the ones I have are enough for now,until next winter.I am between the vortex venom,nikon spur and burris fastfire.

I am leaning towards the vortex venom because of a few options,warranty and the brightness settings.I just want to make sure I will not run out of room and have to start shimming it,as for what It will cost to buy,that seems ghetto.

Which do you prefer?

The Southpaw

I must've gotten a good one, because the trigger on mine is pretty good. Its actually very crisp for a shotgun without doing anything to it.

RED NECK

Quote from: The Southpaw on April 18, 2019, 07:18:49 PM
I must've gotten a good one, because the trigger on mine is pretty good. Its actually very crisp for a shotgun without doing anything to it.
Mine is a piece of garbage,to be polite about it.I should have it back in a few days as my friend will be home tomorrow to finish the trigger.I am a little put off with the gun,never should have been let out of the factory with that bad of a trigger pull.I do like the gun and it patterns extremely well with the setup I went with.

I have never had an issue with a new gun before and was not expecting it to be with a shotgun,but It's all getting worked out and be ready for opener on the 25th,even though I am not taking it.