OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Compact JR choke/ load advice

Started by Bthomas, April 20, 2020, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bthomas

I'm new to this forum, but after reading many posts, I value the opinions expressed here.  I picked up a Compact JR for a great deal this week.  Not sure my thoughts yet on such a short barrel (18.5"), but wanted to see about feedback here on Choke/ Load combos and what anyone else with the short barrel have experienced.

Thanks in advance,

Britt

01Foreman400

I wish I could help you out.  I just finished mine but have yet to shoot it yet.  I've got an Indian Creek .562, .570 and .575 I'm going to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

RED NECK

That looks great,is that atacs camo? I run a .570 primos titewad and also run a .575 carlson non ported most are shooting tss,I am not from this gun but I have had solid results with longbeard 5-6's and mag blends.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

01Foreman400

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 20, 2020, 02:19:20 PM
That looks great,is that atacs camo? I run a .570 primos titewad and also run a .575 carlson non ported most are shooting tss,I am not from this gun but I have had solid results with longbeard 5-6's and mag blends.

That's cerakote. 

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Curtdawg88

My 870 compact has Carlson 575 non-ported and throws a great pattern with Federal TSS #9s. That's the only combo I've tried but was all I needed to.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

LRD

I don't have any experience with the 18.5" barrel, but my son and I both shoot the 21" barrels. I shoot a 575 Carlson's non-ported, and he shoots a Primos tightwad with hand rolled TSS #9s. Both throw great patterns.

troy75

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on April 20, 2020, 01:57:42 PM
I wish I could help you out.  I just finished mine but have yet to shoot it yet.  I've got an Indian Creek .562, .570 and .575 I'm going to try.

I really like that camo pattern, how'd you do it?