turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any one hunted Wisconsin?

Started by longbeards, February 04, 2019, 06:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyPennekamp

I hunt zone 1 and have been having good luck with season 3-4 which are first and second week in may.  Iowa, and Grant county have been really good to me.  Their is a lot of public ground with good bird populations.

Divenut2

I got the May 8th season in zone 2. Scored a 2nd bonus tag for the same season last Tuesday. Lots of Gobbler activity on the cameras, so apparently the dreaded Polar Vortex and large amounts of snow didn't have a significant impact on anything. I can not wait to get in the woods!

Happy hunting all!
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Plush

Quote from: Divenut2 on March 25, 2019, 02:31:38 PM
I got the May 8th season in zone 2. Scored a 2nd bonus tag for the same season last Tuesday. Lots of Gobbler activity on the cameras, so apparently the dreaded Polar Vortex and large amounts of snow didn't have a significant impact on anything. I can not wait to get in the woods!

Happy hunting all!

I think the utter lack of snow until February really helped out the turkeys keep their fat reserve stocked up way longer than usual. While we got extremely deep snow up north it has subsided in less than a month.

I saw the turkeys pretty active throughout the winter even when the snow was 3+ feet deep and when it was incredibly cold. Honestly I think it was a phenomenal winter for them with deep snow on the ground for only a month or so.

Now up NE toward the UP...that may be a bit different where deep snow is still present. That population might be feeling it a bit.