turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are deer beneficial?

Started by Zobo, Today at 07:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

I'm set up in a good spot this morning lots of gobbling. I have three deer right in front of me for the last hour. Im calling and they aren't scared off. I don't normally have deer hang around like this. Is this a good thing or are turkeys less likely to come into my calling position?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

JeffC

Deer are usually leerier of the Turkeys then Turkeys afraid of deer. Confidence decoys!! I had deer blow at me last Friday and mess up the hunt. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Will

I had a gobbler strut right by 3 does and chest bump a turkey buzzard before I shot him. I didn't know the turkey buzzard was on the side of the ditch but the gobbler didn't like it and pushed him off. 

Turkeybutt

I think it can be a good thing if they keep their distance. Personally I don't like deer in close proximity of me (30 yards or so ) while I'm turkey hunting. I don't mind if they are off 80 yards or more as I enjoy watching them.

compton30

Deer are beneficial for the freezer. The last thing I want while I'm turkey hunting is a GD deer blowing and causing a scene while I'm in the woods and especially when I'm fooling with a turkey.