OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger M3020 tss choke

Started by 5arraquiver, January 26, 2019, 09:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5arraquiver

Looking for any advise on a chokes for my Stoeger m3020 I am planning on shooting federal tss 9's. I would consider 7's if they would pattern better.  I also have a new box of #6 long beard xr if anyone has any experience with this. Thank you and God Bless!
Questions? Answer: Jesus

Spring Fever

From what I've seen on that gun try your factory turkey choke it has been throwing a nice hunting pattern with the tss from the pattern pics I have seen.

5arraquiver

Thank you Spring Fever!  I will try the factory choke first and see how it does.

SumToy

we put 562 in them and they work fine.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Squirrels

Quote from: Spring Fever on January 27, 2019, 08:09:05 AM
From what I've seen on that gun try your factory turkey choke it has been throwing a nice hunting pattern with the tss from the pattern pics I have seen.
When you say factory choke, are you refering to to factory turkey choke (the extended version that comes on the 24" turkey edition)?

joeturkey

Yes from talking to people at  stoeger they told me it's 560 It shot very good with tss9 and  federal 7 wound up getting a  Rob Roberts 570 it shot a lot better.

Squirrels

Quote from: joeturkey on April 17, 2019, 10:15:53 AM
Yes from talking to people at  stoeger they told me it's 560 It shot very good with tss9 and  federal 7 wound up getting a  Rob Roberts 570 it shot a lot better.
Thanks. Do you have the M3020 Turkey Edition I was refering to or just happen to have that choke in a standard M3020?

joeturkey

tubecallhooks

If you like tight patterns for distance the Indian creek .555 with TSS 9s was almost to tight. 378 pellets in 10" circle at 40. Not sure but I may be backing mine off to a 560 or 570 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5arraquiver

I ended up shooting the fed tss 9's with the stock turkey choke. I patterned twice at 35 yds and was very impressed with the pattern. Can't remember numbers exactly but it looked great to me. Gave me a lot of confidence. I shot a bird at 30 yds stone cold dead. On another hunt I had to put a stalk on a big Tom running jakes away from his hens. I was down in a creak bed when I spotted the Tom walking past me up on the other side of the bank. He was above me. I couldn't believe he hadn't blown out of there. 15 yds tops. Well I missed!! And again as he was running away. I couldn't believe it!!  I'm not sure if I was so surprised and rushed the shot since he allowed me to slowly swing 120 degrees in the wide open and he was still standing there lol. Or if my pattern was just to tight and I wasn't completely locked down in him. Anyways I really like to kill them close. I want to be able kill one at 40 but most of my shots are within 30. Should I go for a more open pattern? Please let me know if you have any advice fellas.

joeturkey

Killed this potter county PA gobbler this morning with my m 3020 with handload 1 5/8 oz tss 9 and a Rob Roberts 572 choke  @40 yds.

5arraquiver

Great Job Joe! Congratulations!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

huntinsomd