Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone read Shannon’s classified rules?

Started by Bowguy, January 23, 2019, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Is it me or is no one reading what he has for rules? It's for our protection.

Sir-diealot

Yes, but in segments, read most of the part about trades last night but have to finish it and the rest of them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

It's pretty cut n dried. Nothing is limiting the regulars except regarding pics. Seems suddenly or maybe I've only recently noticed all the new low post people listing items for sale. We have no way of knowing they're honest or not. We can't trade w them either.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on January 23, 2019, 07:03:51 PM
It's pretty cut n dried. Nothing is limiting the regulars except regarding pics. Seems suddenly or maybe I've only recently noticed all the new low post people listing items for sale. We have no way of knowing they're honest or not. We can't trade w them either.
It is not you, I have seen a lot this week in particular.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Bowguy

Bowguy

Bowguy

Am I reading wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I think a lot of us who have been on the forum long time , understand the low post people trying to sale or trade ...CAUTION ....

Jeremy66

Guess I will take the blame on this one as I posted a choke tube for sale without reading the rules. Haven't ever seen where you can't post an item for sale if you don't have so many posts. Regardless if I agree with it or not it is in the rules and I do understand why it is there. I know I'm not gonna gonna screw someone over but no one else knows that.  Guess I will have to start posting more instead of just reading.  I removed my for sale post.

Sir-diealot

Well I finished reading that part now, now to read the other two. Would you be kind enough to remind me where they are please? Thank you.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Jeremy66 on January 23, 2019, 07:26:37 PM
Guess I will take the blame on this one as I posted a choke tube for sale without reading the rules. Haven't ever seen where you can't post an item for sale if you don't have so many posts. Regardless if I agree with it or not it is in the rules and I do understand why it is there. I know I'm not gonna gonna screw someone over but no one else knows that.  Guess I will have to start posting more instead of just reading.  I removed my for sale post.
No one is blaming you , we just want to get to know you first .. people have been scam for a lot more than the price of a choke tube ... Welcome to the forum...

Bowguy

Quote from: Jeremy66 on January 23, 2019, 07:26:37 PM
I agree you aren't to blame for a mistake and it's not you. It's a whole bunch it seems like. I actually only posted this here to help everyone. Hope you understand

SinGin

CALLM2U

I appreciate this thread being posted.  While I haven't put anything for sale on the site, it's not a common rule so it's good that it's out there for everyone to see. As I tell my team all the time, "reminders are great, errors are bad" 

I actually agree with the rule and it makes a lot of sense when trying to navigate the challenges of a public forum.  That being said, as someone who has a low post count, it is a bit disappointing for someone like myself who has things they'd like to sell at some point and would never dream of scamming anyone.

I strongly believe in James 1:19 so I'm not one to post unless I feel it's valuable to others or I genuinely need help.  I'm here to learn from you all who have much more experience than I do.   It may take years for me to get to the point where I could sell items-and that's quite ok.  Again, I don't necessarily disagree with the rule, it just sucks that honest people get pulled down by dishonest people.   

Just my perspective from one of the 'new guys'.  Side note, I love this board and it's now my 'first stop' forum. 

bbcoach

As most of the vets on here know these rules have been in place for many years.  I've noticed in the past couple years most ignore them.  I'm not a moderator but have called out posters several times for No pics and not setting a firm price.  This is a great site, let's help keep it that way.