Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone read Shannon’s classified rules?

Started by Bowguy, January 23, 2019, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

:happy0167:th
Quote from: zsully on January 27, 2019, 08:18:07 AM
Quote from: Bowguy on January 27, 2019, 07:41:08 AM
Quote from: zsully on January 25, 2019, 09:20:44 PM
I agree that the rules are the rules but I see the frustration from the new guys as well. I've been coming to the forum for years and I definitely read way more then I post. I just checked my stats. This is my 94th post and I average 0.091 posts per day. My name is in the positive seller/buyer feedback. I think 100 posts is a big ask but I love the site and if that's where I have to get to be able to fully participate I will get there. Unfortunately lately it seems like causing drama could become a tool to elevate post numbers quickly which I know is not the intent.

When I say posting something not knowing anything about turkey cause that'd be against beginners too and I'm sure there's no intent at anyone for that.
If the fellow contributes, goes can follow simple discussion, participated in the site I bet that'd show quality even in someone beginning stages.
Idk it mentions quality posts. In some places that's even in bold print. Is causing drama quality?

Bowguy, I agree with you that drama related posts aren't quality. However, I don't see anyway to to differentiate between which of my posts are "quality" and which aren't and who makes that determination? Seems like a giant nightmare for someone to have to read every post and match it to the user name and confirm "quality".

I think the man who owns the site and makes the rules is obviously the one who decides. Never seen a vote here thank God.
If you said good morning 100 times or started drama about the border wall or something like that and not once mentioned turkey for instance I think that show no contribution to the site and imo lack of quality posts. This is for all our protection and we should be thankful the man values his members this way.

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: Bowguy on January 25, 2019, 03:08:53 AM
I'm glad no one has taken anything even remotely wrong. The intent was only information.
I appreciate you making me aware of the rules. I never took it the wrong way. I took it as helping a new member out. I'm a fairly new member and have primarily been using the tapatalk app and a few forums. I've since read the rules and completely understand the reasons and appreciate the site looking out for members. I love this site and want to follow the rules and help keep it great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Hey guys I hope you don't mind just pushing it to top to help awareness

Old Gobbler

We had some BIG TICKET scams last year , all revolving around call trades with people with low post #s ....my membership consists of people like me and you ...someone tells me or you somerhing something here...I take it to be gospel ...unfortunately some low lives have caught onto how trusting our membership is and is out to RIP us off constantly ...I had a flare up of low post pranksters about 4 years ago selling choke tubes (low post ...no picture ) I delleted about 40 profiles that year, I also cleaned house with other classifieds violators...all LOW POST ....and it was the same small group of pranksters ...I have some very sophisticated ip#tracers at my disposal ...

Stuff like trading calls , and there is a issue....but the one person doesn't want to give back the calls

People trading calls ....there is a issue .....they are asked to send back the calls but instead they smack them up with a hammer ( for real the guy took a hammer to them )

Folks CONTINUOUSLY posting up ammo and choke with no picture ...and they have low posts ....guess what...people got duped ...money gone ! I was forced to implement some rules ..they are not  restrictive to the regulars here ..and they help the site function better ..and now I have 99% of the BS in check mate

If you want to sell something and you have low posts....start posting ...contribute to the forum ...and the forum will HELP you ..these are GOOD  people here...just get to know them and you will be one of us

We got the BEST PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ON THIS SITE and I am looking to help promote your businesses and help keep you guys safe and entertained in a troll free environment

SHANNON

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

greencop01

My  :z-twocents: shame on you if you buy or trade w/ someone who has low posts. Shannon has said this on several occasions. It is for our own safety, follow the rules. It goes both ways! Don't post w/o pictures and don't post w/ low post numbers, and don't deal w/ them for us. Its not rocket science.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

tomstopper

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 03, 2019, 05:28:22 PM
We had some BIG TICKET scams last year , all revolving around call trades with people with low post #s ....my membership consists of people like me and you ...someone tells me or you somerhing something here...I take it to be gospel ...unfortunately some low lives have caught onto how trusting our membership is and is out to RIP us off constantly ...I had a flare up of low post pranksters about 4 years ago selling choke tubes (low post ...no picture ) I delleted about 40 profiles that year, I also cleaned house with other classifieds violators...all LOW POST ....and it was the same small group of pranksters ...I have some very sophisticated ip#tracers at my disposal ...

Stuff like trading calls , and there is a issue....but the one person doesn't want to give back the calls

People trading calls ....there is a issue .....they are asked to send back the calls but instead they smack them up with a hammer ( for real the guy took a hammer to them )

Folks CONTINUOUSLY posting up ammo and choke with no picture ...and they have low posts ....guess what...people got duped ...money gone ! I was forced to implement some rules ..they are not  restrictive to the regulars here ..and they help the site function better ..and now I have 99% of the BS in check mate

If you want to sell something and you have low posts....start posting ...contribute to the forum ...and the forum will HELP you ..these are GOOD  people here...just get to know them and you will be one of us

We got the BEST PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ON THIS SITE and I am looking to help promote your businesses and help keep you guys safe and entertained in a troll free environment

SHANNON
And thank you for this Shannon.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

idgobble

ol bob

Thanks Shannon this is about the last turkey forum left keep doing what you have to to keep it strong.

Bowguy

Bowguy

Sir-diealot

To be honest I can't seem to find the new ones, every time I find the rules in the index I get the ones from 2011
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

captpete

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 20, 2019, 02:20:56 PM
To be honest I can't seem to find the new ones, every time I find the rules in the index I get the ones from 2011

They are a sticky at the top of the Turkey Call, Turkey Pot call and Miscellaneous Classified sections(plus a couple of others). Here a link to one of them.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,86141.0.html

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on February 23, 2019, 08:41:41 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 20, 2019, 02:20:56 PM

They are a sticky at the top of the Turkey Call, Turkey Pot call and Miscellaneous Classified sections(plus a couple of others). Here a link to one of them.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,86141.0.html
Thanks, I would not have thought them to be in that location. Saved in my Oldgobbler Folder on my desktop.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

Just pushing it back up guys, seems a few fellas still don't know. Hope no one minds

coyote1

What's with the pay pal only? That's like saying you can't buy anything at Walmart unless you use a credit card.
With all the identity fraud and what not I don't want a checking account linked to anything online.
It's pretty bad when a guy that's been here 6 years can't sell a few calls. I didn't realize it until the last couple weeks but it's got  a little stuffy here.