turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alps Grand Slam Speed Seat MOD

Started by Gobble!, January 19, 2019, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JL_Longbeard

MAN!!!! This is awesome. I did this yesterday to my vest and it works great. The magnets in my vest sucked, I even added a few and it still sucked, maybe got a little worse. and that pad would always get hung up in the tops of my boots.... NOT ANYMORE!!! THANKS FELLAS!

golfernash

Tagged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrkyShepherd

Awesome thread. Hate the seat on this vest. Just ordered some elastic to fix that. Been thinking about doing the claw strap to my alps vest too.

Quote from: Dubie on March 15, 2020, 10:38:26 AM
I did it a couple weeks ago. I'll try to get some pics up later. I actually did the claw sling mod as well.

Dubie - you ever post any pics of the seat and sling mod? Curious to see how you did it.

Tom007

Great idea. I love that speed seat. Putting that on your favorite vest gives yo the best set-up. Thanks for sharing......
"Solo hunter"

Delmar ODonnell

Has anyone modified the newer vests that have the female buckle on the seat without the use of sowing machine? I was thinking of trying the same mod and trying to find 2 female ends to put on the elastic strap, but I don't know how difficult it would be to find the correct size.

Mbhyman88

Quote from: Delmar ODonnell on February 16, 2021, 04:10:53 PM
Has anyone modified the newer vests that have the female buckle on the seat without the use of sowing machine? I was thinking of trying the same mod and trying to find 2 female ends to put on the elastic strap, but I don't know how difficult it would be to find the correct size.

I did mine last year.  All I did was take the male buckles off of the sewn on seat straps and attach them to some 1" (or 1 1/4", I can't remember) elastic that I ran through the back of the vest and behind the top side cinch strap on each side.  No sewing or major alteration involved.  Used it all last year and it worked great, plan to use it again this year also.

TrkyShepherd

Quote from: Mbhyman88 on February 16, 2021, 04:25:45 PM

I did mine last year.  All I did was take the male buckles off of the sewn on seat straps and attach them to some 1" (or 1 1/4", I can't remember) elastic that I ran through the back of the vest and behind the top side cinch strap on each side.  No sewing or major alteration involved.  Used it all last year and it worked great, plan to use it again this year also.

Nice! Got any pics?

Delmar ODonnell

Quote from: TrkyShepherd on February 16, 2021, 08:22:02 PM
Quote from: Mbhyman88 on February 16, 2021, 04:25:45 PM

Nice! Got any pics?

X2 that a great idea. I'd love to see some pics if you have any

Mbhyman88

I'll try to take some pictures when I go home for lunch.

Mbhyman88

Mbhyman88

It was 1" elastic that I ordered off Amazon.  Just cut the elastic and tension to your liking.

Mbhyman88

Still figuring out how to post pictures on this site.  Is there a how to thread on posting pictures?

Mbhyman88

TrkyShepherd

Thanks brother! Very helpful.  I'm gonna try that first. I'm not handy with needle and thread...

Delmar ODonnell

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures; I really appreciate it. Definitely going to give that a try. Looks about as cheap and simple a mod as possible.