OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi-X Strut

Started by Gobspur, January 22, 2019, 05:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobspur

What in the world is this? Confused by their description. Are they saying #6 TSS over #5 TSS.  That's crazy.

https://www.hevishot.com/catalog/hevi-x-strut/

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

I don't think they are loading TSS pellets. Sounds like a blend of #6 and #5 of a TSS based pellet the #6 are heavier than HTL and the #5 are HTS whatever that means. It is supposedly cheaper that a straight load of TSS #7. I guess they need to give the specific gravity of their #6 TSS and #5 TSS based pellet might shed a little more light on the subject. Looks like a marketing department trying to get on the TSS band wagon with out loading TSS.

Gooserbat

I'll just keep loading my own.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dirt road ninja

Gobble!

HEAVIER THAN LEADĀ® #6 tungsten pellets layered over HEAVIER THAN STEELĀ® HEVI-X #5 tungsten pellets

Sounds like a waste.

Lead is ~11g/cc where steel is ~8g/cc. This crap is probably 12g/cc #6s over 10g/cc #5s.

Cool name, all caps, definitely going to be a big seller.

Gobble!

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 22, 2019, 06:26:16 PM

This forum needs a like button.

TauntoHawk

The point of tss is to shoot smaller pellets to increase pellet count to payload making all these barely heavier blend Franken mixes in the same size as standard lead loads just makes a expensive complicated barely increased performance load that they can pimp and pump marketing based on hot buzz words like TSS when it's not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Deputy 14

I believe it's a blend of standard hevi and the hevi x from the waterfowl loads. Hevi x waterfowl is great in terms of waterfowl, but it basically shoots like lead.

fallhnt

Quote from: Gobble! on January 22, 2019, 07:23:18 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on January 22, 2019, 06:26:16 PM

This forum needs a like button.
Not to long ago this would have started a word war.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

2eagles

I don't know about this load, but I love Hevi-X (the regular stuff) for waterfowl. 2's for large geese and 4's for ducks.

skimerhorn

Quote from: Deputy 14 on January 22, 2019, 08:57:44 PM
I believe it's a blend of standard hevi and the hevi x from the waterfowl loads. Hevi x waterfowl is great in terms of waterfowl, but it basically shoots like lead.

Exactly

Jrkimbrough

Definitely looks like a marketing ploy.