turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Optics

Started by ScottS, January 14, 2019, 11:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottS

What are you guys running for optics?I'm wanting to get a red dot or holographic sight for my Winchester sxp and wanted some insight on what some good options are. Preferably something that will last for a long time. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Fl strutter

Boykin Hollow

After doing a lot of research and reading, I settled on the Burris Fastfire III.  I have been well pleased with it.  Running it on a benelli 20 gauge M1 with the mounts from William at Sumtoy chokes.

backwater

haystaddle

Two Vortex Venoms. One Fastfire II.

USMC0331

Robust, reliable,  performance AImpoint would be a first choice or the Trijicon rmr as a second choice.

Bowguy

The eotech is a fantastic site. Most others I've heard real good things about too. From first hand experience except the fastfire 3. It was terrible. Took forever to get battery screwed in. After 2 shots it fell back out. The dot wasn't a dot but a comet running through the lens at an angle. Took it back off gun and returned it within hours.
Guys that have it great, I'm just giving you a heads up

bbcoach

bullet355

Gobble!

bobk

Trijicon RMR and Sig  red dot have both performed very well.

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Started with the factory bead. Then added a set of rifle type sights. Then progressed to a low power shotgun scope. And finally settled with the Burris FF III. Don't know how I could go back to anything else at this point.

Easy to change the battery with the FF III. Low profile design. Several different power settings...from auto to a few different brightness settings to dial in what you like.

Only regret is not using the Sumtoy mount. I went with a different mount. If the sight ever has to come off for whatever reason, a Sumtoy mount will be added.

rbreedi1

Whats the sumtoy mounts you all are talking about?
Thunder Ridge Totes

Tail Feathers

Quote from: bbcoach on January 15, 2019, 07:38:19 AM
Bushnell Trophy Red dot
I thought I was the only one.  Love the sunshade.  I had birds spook from the glare off a TRS 25 and won't be running one like that again.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!