turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Unicoi calls

Started by MDTOM84, January 13, 2019, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

Now that I'm home I got some better pictures of what I got from the show. The last box was made by my good friend Mr.Larry "Buster" Halford, it is a fantastic box! Took me a few minutes to figure out how to hold the lid but once I figured it out, WOW!!! One of the best sounding "Cost style" boxes I have ran!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

skimerhorn

Now to get some blood on those calls this spring!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

hunter22

Really nice haul. Congrats. I wish I could have met you but I was not in the auditorium very much. Thanks

adkmountainken

wow nice haul!!!!!! man I hope to make it to that show someday!!!!

Pooh4459

Nice haul tj. If you ever come off either one of those purpleheart let me know they were both smokers.

Chris O

All are awesome calls congrats. What wood is the trumpet made from? I sure like that Cedar Purple Heart Watkins box .

MDTOM84

Quote from: Chris O on January 13, 2019, 07:14:30 PM
All are awesome calls congrats. What wood is the trumpet made from? I sure like that Cedar Purple Heart Watkins box .
it is Billy Buice Black and White Ebony

Chris O

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 13, 2019, 07:22:36 PM
Quote from: Chris O on January 13, 2019, 07:14:30 PM
it is Billy Buice Black and White Ebony
Thanks

crow

That is some outstanding scrimshaw work of that strutter by Kelly P.
is that on one of the calls?

Happy hooker

I don't see a single Platz!!!!!!
He must not have been there or he's still locked in your car trunk till he produces!!

NeverRoosting

That Lapp ovangkol/butternut shorty/dodat (mike hasn't named that style yet, but it's one of the first four he's made in that a shorter longbox style) is without a doubt the best longbox/shorty/dodat I ran at the whole show, really good pick up there.  I was quite impressed and already think that will be Mike's best caller out of all of the styles he makes.  Very talented callmaker.

MDTOM84

Quote from: NeverRoosting on January 14, 2019, 11:01:07 AM
That Lapp ovangkol/butternut shorty/dodat (mike hasn't named that style yet, but it's one of the first four he's made in that a shorter longbox style) is without a doubt the best longbox/shorty/dodat I ran at the whole show, really good pick up there.  I was quite impressed and already think that will be Mike's best caller out of all of the styles he makes.  Very talented callmaker.
once I ran that Lapp box I knew I was going to get it

tomfooleryy

Daddy rat

Wish I could of made it, that is bucket list for me to be in room with that many good call makers.  Awesome bunch of calls