turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Cradle - Ol' Tom Vests

Started by Spyderman, December 19, 2018, 05:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyderman

I'm looking at some Ol' Tom vests. Any of you used the gun cradle on the vest? It looks like it'd be convenient, but wanted to get some input from those that have actually used it.

Thank you in advance.

davisd9

I have an I beam. Do not use a gun cradle on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

HILBY72

Not an answer to your question but Wing Supply has the Ol Tom I-Beam vest in Mossy Oak Obsession for $98.70 now.

Spyderman

I saw they have the Time & Motion vest on sale for $40 at Cabela's right now, so I went ahead and got one. Can't go wrong at that price!

https://www.cabelas.com/product/OL-TOM-TIME-AND-MOTION-VEST/2309072.uts?slotId=0

davisd9

Good vest.  The seat is not the greatest but other than that it will serve well.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

FL-Boss

seat did improve on the new vests from last year.. .

Bolandstrutters

Nope.  Ol' Tom vest have so much potential, but they fall short.  They could easily add another magnet to stop the seat from always falling down.  They claim to be one size fits all, but most of them run huge on me and I'm 6'3 185 lbs. 

opster246

I have used one - it is kind of nice - meaning it will cradle the gun but I would not consider it to be a hands free type deal - the gun can tend to rock to one side or the other.  Over-all, a nice option - but not really  a selling point to me.