only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex vs Federal tss

Started by chuckward, January 03, 2019, 07:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerpoo22

Quote from: Gobble! on March 03, 2019, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: deerpoo22 on March 02, 2019, 01:50:36 AM
If you're spending this much money might as well get Nitro TSS and call it a day

I'd take Apex or Federal after by experience with Nitro. Seals failed and I ended up with a pocket full of buffer.
nitro no doubt has the worst seals in the business but I've never felt the leaked buffer in anyway affected the performance of the shell, and if it did it was minute at best.

Gobble!

Quote from: deerpoo22 on March 03, 2019, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 03, 2019, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: deerpoo22 on March 02, 2019, 01:50:36 AM
If you're spending this much money might as well get Nitro TSS and call it a day

I'd take Apex or Federal after by experience with Nitro. Seals failed and I ended up with a pocket full of buffer.
nitro no doubt has the worst seals in the business but I've never felt the leaked buffer in anyway affected the performance of the shell, and if it did it was minute at best.

I'm going to have a very hard time believing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerpoo22

The two on the left are the tss and the others are hevishot 2 1/4. I think it's pretty shoddy work for a shell that costs so much but I patterned those hevis with the seals totally gone and I couldn't tell any difference.

Gobble!

When crimps are so bad that buffer and shot can fall out pressure is going to change and I'm not going to trust them. With TSS they can get away with a little more but with Hevi 7s no way.

deerpoo22

I hear ya and don't blame you. I've sent nitro a couple emails asking them to improve their seals but alas no luck so far.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Never have had a issue with Nitro shells.
Top is new TSS #9
Middle is HTL #7 That have been carried and cycled through gun several times
Bottom is HTL #6 Not sure how old they are but they to have been in and out of the gun as well.

I have never had a issue with extra shell's that have been carried in vest for multiple seasons either. I put on several miles in season.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PALongspur

I believe I'll stick with Federal.  :OGturkeyhead:

turkeyfoot

Nitro has been my favorite shell for many years but I'll be first to admit they do leak buffer sometimes in in second year of use. Have to seal them on your own some use glue or clear nail polish. Inside of my vest pocket looks like it done snowed

KentuckyLB

I have shot Nitros for 20 years are so.. little bit of clear fingernail polish or whatever color you prefer seals them up. No buffer leaks in my vest ever.

Hhayes6

Federal for me as well......was lead shooter until last year. Turkey Thugs were my favorite for price, LB's are incredible except for close range when too tight, but my gosh at those #9's  :drool:

Chordeiles

USMC0331

First choice Apex ,second Nitro, third choice Federal.

jryser

Quote from: USMC0331 on March 05, 2019, 09:18:26 PM
First choice Apex ,second Nitro, third choice Federal.
Mine too is I wasn't rolling my own. LOVE Apex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingABN!

I love my Nitro. Last box I got was in 2007. Might get some TSS next order...