OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Getting excited for 2019 Spring turkey season-Bowhunting  (Read 590 times)

Offline fallhnt

• Longbeard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
Re: Getting excited for 2019 Spring turkey season-Bowhunting
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2018, 09:00:02 PM »
nice,how do you like your tactacam?i may purchase one this winter to try out.
Tactacam is a fun camera to use. I like the app so you can dial in your setup easily. For ground blinds the camera needs to be mounted near the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
how do you like your carbon element?is it a 2012 or 2013?
It's easy to shoot but the cams/draw cycle is terrible. I shoot 50lb draw so it's very manageable. I bought it when they first cam out,don't remember the year. But I shoot it lights out so I'm good to go.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Online The Heartbreak Kid.......

• The Boss Gobbler
  • I am Hooks' n' Beards'
Re: Getting excited for 2019 Spring turkey season-Bowhunting
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2018, 09:55:45 PM »
nice,how do you like your tactacam?i may purchase one this winter to try out.
Tactacam is a fun camera to use. I like the app so you can dial in your setup easily. For ground blinds the camera needs to be mounted near the rest.

how do you like your carbon element?is it a 2012 or 2013?
It's easy to shoot but the cams/draw cycle is terrible. I shoot 50lb draw so it's very manageable. I bought it when they first cam out,don't remember the year. But I shoot it lights out so I'm good to go.

I am working on one,a 2012 right now.The guy I am dealing with has been somebody who I buy a bow from every few years as he is a fellow lefty,I almost bought it last summer but he decided to keep it for a backup but we have been chatting the last few weeks and I may have convinced him to part with it.I want it for late season up here when it's -25 and -30 for whitetails.I will know by monday,I shot the crx 32 and that was the last hoyt I owned.I also like that it is lightweight for hiking around in moose country.

It would also be a great turkey hunting bow as I like to do a lot of walking as well and have a ton of private land to hunt,my own and multiple pieces owned by friends and family.50-55 lbs is the perfect dw for bird hunting bow imo.
I am the showstopper. The main event. The Icon that can still go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okG7vKZk9hU