OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sept.30 fall turkey

Started by Moore, October 12, 2018, 12:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

Hi there,
Here is a photo of my very first fall turkey. I took him at 35yds with my bow. It was a two year old Tom it weight 18lbs 7in beard and little over 1/2 Spurs. He came in with three other long beards. I missed his buddy but later on with a few Yelps my bird and his other friend came in. I shot him as he was quartering away from me.  I couldn't believe it started to fly. I notice I did break his leg so he wouldn't go far. I  watched him to see where I would have to pick up the hunt. As he got about thirty yds over the tree line he fell like a ton of bricks in the swamp. It was slow going to get to him, but with nockturnal lighted nocks really help me to follow and recover him. I must say I love bow hunting turkeys. The rage trypan really did a number on him.
[

Dr Juice

Congrats. Nice accomplishment

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

eggshell

well done, My season opens tomorrow I hope to work some birds

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Moore

Thanks guys, I also was working some hens earlier in the day that never fully committed.
[

jepcho

Chris O

Sounds like a very exciting hunt congrats

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

High plains drifter

Nice bird! I have yet to get one with my bow, but I'm going to commit to it in the spring.I have missed several, but no big gobblers.

3bailey3

congrats, awesome hunt, I could so eat one right now

Moore

[

tomstopper

Very nice. I miss fall hunting. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Moore

[