News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unicoi 2019

Started by M Sharpe, September 01, 2018, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Quote from: Pooh4459 on January 13, 2019, 08:14:19 AM
Let me tell you from my experience this weekend take the amount you want to spend in cash and leave your debit card at home. I way over did it.
HAHA LOL!
Let me know what you are looking to sell after you get home and reevaluate your call collection. Hehe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

MDTOM84

I hear Pooh had to rent a U-Haul trailer to get all his calls back home!!!!

BMAC_Turkeys

I have cash on hand and leave a backup amt in the truck so I have to take the time and walk out there to get it and think about the purchase if I go over.  But with all the great calls there, if you want it you better get it cause its going to be gone.  Took a buddy for his first time, he had a set amount but went to the atm twice.  He said he would be more prepared next year.  ;D

Pooh4459

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 13, 2019, 08:36:23 AM
I hear Pooh had to rent a U-Haul trailer to get all his calls back home!!!!
TJ thats almost the truth. Lol I got home and the wife asked if I needed any help carrying stuff in and I immediately said no I'm good cause I didn't want here realizing what was in all the bags. Lol

Gog1015

I'm jealous, but I'm not sure I have enough self control either Pooh! I'm hoping that a few calls start making there way to the classifieds soon,lol!

jed clampett

Lol..it would be awesome if the show was after taxes came back...but..then I would be afraid to go!

Yoder409

Have yet to go to Unicoi, but from the pics and the firsthand accounts, I'm equating the show to turkey call crack for the turkey call junkie..............

:D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

davisd9

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 13, 2019, 12:18:16 PM
Have yet to go to Unicoi, but from the pics and the firsthand accounts, I'm equating the show to turkey call crack for the turkey call junkie..............

:D

Looked at your holsters on Mr. Hudson's table, top notch work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

antnye

Quote from: davisd9 on January 12, 2019, 10:49:33 AM
The best part of the show is meeting and hanging out with guys you only know from a screen. I had a great conversation with Hunter22 and slicksbeagle. AGE was a great guy to talk to and got us on some great lunch! Always a great time!

Pleasure meeting and talking to you and USMC!  Fat boys can always put you on the good food!  :TooFunny:

It was a great show. Packed with great calls and even better people. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to talk and run some calls. Enjoy the fellowship and the turkey stories. Already can't wait for next year!

Yoder409

Quote from: davisd9 on January 13, 2019, 01:10:41 PM

Looked at your holsters on Mr. Hudson's table, top notch work!

Thank you for the kind words, sir !!

A good bit of time and thought goes into all our holster designs.  The henbox holster that Mr. Hudson had on his table was a fun and interesting project for us.  With the help of a couple really good folks, we think we got it right.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I came away with three various suction calls I'll post separately.  Also some other items for the cave.
The best part is seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  I always hate driving away from the lodge when its time to go.  Sorry I missed some of you from OG.  Nobody wore their name badges :OGani:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

EZ

Had a great time as usual. Very nice to see everyone. Whole lot of talent in one place.

gaswamp

Quote from: davisd9 on January 12, 2019, 03:45:15 PM
I just took an amount I knew I could afford to spend and when it was out I was done. Depends on what your budget is to what you should take.

good to talk with you out in the parking lot....you got a couple of nice calls

davisd9

Quote from: gaswamp on January 14, 2019, 07:18:25 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on January 12, 2019, 03:45:15 PM
I just took an amount I knew I could afford to spend and when it was out I was done. Depends on what your budget is to what you should take.

good to talk with you out in the parking lot....you got a couple of nice calls

Was a pleasure to stop and speak with you as well.  Did you get any call from Mr. Wendell?  He still some good ones on the table when we left.  Hope yall had a great time!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Glenda Green

This was my first trip to the Unicoi show. IT WAS AWESOME. I wish I could remember all the names of all the guys I met this weekend. I want to thank everyone that stopped by my table to introduce themselves from OG. And of course to thank you for the purchases you made in supporting my little turkey business. I came with A LOT. not knowing how much to bring. I left with a little. Sold 13 satchels and orders for 14 more. Mark made Rodney and I feel as welcome as those that have been doing the show for years. from the bottom of my heart, thank you all. I can't say it enough.....IT WAS AWESOME !!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Saving the life of one dog will not change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog.