OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Member imput needed on call trades

Started by Old Gobbler, August 26, 2018, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Guys , this past season we had several serious issues revolving call trades .....there is something going to happen to permanently fix the situation

There are two types of disputes intentional fraud and misunderstanding/poor communication

First situation. ....INTENTIONAL FRAUD , these are ussually I would say 90%of the time perpetuated by low post members , they have low posts and are going to do a quick hit and run and if they get banned so be it ...they got your money or call and are long gone ...of you contact them they don't reply back to emails or texts or they hit you with a bs story like divorce problems etc.....seen it before do not reply nor conduct business with low post members , of you see someone selling or trading anything without a picture p.m. me and I will take action

1) do not trade or buy with anyone below 20 posts ...they will have thier add removed , use your judgement guys if the item is pricey raise your guard/post count accordingly don't be selling something and get tricked into a trade.....remember on the Internet you don't know who they REALLY are

2) any low post member seen selling anything without a picture will likely have thier account delleted/banned. upon discovery

3) if you sold something outright.....you are to be paid upfront I suggest paypal

4) ANYONE WHO IS NOT A ESTABLISHED CALLMAKER FOUND TO BE REQUESTING PAYPAL "GIFT" WILL HAVE THIER ACCOUNT DELLETED RIGHT ON THE SPOT , ANYONE MEANS YOU ! I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE 1 THOUSAND POSTS , INCORPORATE THE FEES INTO YOUR PURCHASE PRICE for those who don't know ...the gift feature will not allow buyer protection
----------
Now let's get down to the unintentional and misunderstanding deals gone bad ......if we get anymore situations.we are going to pull the plug on trades and the only allowed tender will be US DOLLARS ...that means one more bs situation and it's all over for trades

again do not conduct business with low post members in fact be very cautious in a call trade with anyone below 100 posts on a trade ...make darn sure you know who you are dealing with , who they are and of your not happy they will take it back minus shipping

I had a good member trade a member calls , the other member sent him junk , and then took a hammer to the calls he sent him just in spite ....this stuff happens guys , there are crazies and criminals out there

1) it is up to the buyer and seller to square up what they are trading GOOD PICTURES ALL AROUND THE CALL

2) use tracking and insurrance on the package

Any other suggestions feel free to coment se are looking to rid ourselves of these situations

Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Dfxhunter

I totally agree Shannon. We also need to quit the bitching about what a member is asking for a price on a call. If you don't want to pay that amount or think it's way overpriced , keep quiet and move on to the next call. I'm here to buy or sell calls, not listen to a bunch of bitching. If I don't want to pay the price I just laugh and move on. Just my .01. Lol. Anyway thank you Shannon for a great site for calls and callmakers!!!!!!!!!

1iagobblergetter

I think with sales or trades if one of the parties is not happy with the item and able to return the item for a refund or the item back problem should be solved. Communication is key imo.
I'm not much on trading,but hate to see it ruined by a few bad apples. I've bought a whole lot of calls,items through the years from the classifieds and thankfully have had nothing,but great experiences.
I also agree like it or not let a seller list whatever price they want and they sell with PayPal fees included in asking price.
Great site where I've learned alot from over the years,obtained a whole lot of calls/turkey hunting items,and also have made alot of friends simply by treating others how I want to be treated. :icon_thumright:

Old Gobbler

Thanks for the good suggestions guys keep em' comming --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Happy hooker

Actually I've found the swap trade boards run like a well oiled machine no complaints,,,I do like to send certified money orders for any purchase and hope that keeps being an acceptable practice.

If I had one suggestion it would be to limit the amount of "TTT" or bumps one can do to their listings and keep the top of the Swapboards fresh.

M,Yingling

i have to agree one of best sites around as was said get pics of calls if a seller is not willing to take more pics move on and payment can never go wrong with paypal some guys just dont use it and ill request a  post office money order ,,,always get payment before sending any thing and even with trades u got have a lot of trust in who you are dealing with ,,,,

and one last thing if selling or buying answer pms in a timely manner ,,

,one great thing about this fourm is u can always check and see when a member was logged on last,,, if they dont answer the best thing sometimes is just to move  on 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

PEte_A

One suggestion I would contribute would be to beef up the trader feedback section. I trade, buy and sell on firearms on another large site and it has a more formal and awesome trader rating system.

Cheers,
Pete

thuber

Quote from: Dfxhunter on August 26, 2018, 11:35:37 AM
I totally agree Shannon. We also need to quit the bitching about what a member is asking for a price on a call. If you don't want to pay that amount or think it's way overpriced , keep quiet and move on to the next call. I'm here to buy or sell calls, not listen to a bunch of bitching. If I don't want to pay the price I just laugh and move on. Just my .01. Lol. Anyway thank you Shannon for a great site for calls and callmakers!!!!!!!!!
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulian82

Quote from: PEte_A on August 26, 2018, 07:10:15 PM
One suggestion I would contribute would be to beef up the trader feedback section. I trade, buy and sell on firearms on another large site and it has a more formal and awesome trader rating system.

Cheers,
Pete
I agree possibly a feedback or rating system that gives you a point Everytime someone gives you positive feedback could possibly help out. I know on other sites I do not do business with anyone who has less than a positive 10 feedback. Maybe that could help.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

KYHeadhunter02

Shannon I don't know if your able to do this or not, but block new members from having access to the classifieds period UNTIL they reach say 25-50 post or whatever number you decide. Also 25-50 quality post, not just a short "nice call" comment on a post.

This will make new members actually earn the privelage to trade and could improve conversation overall.

I've had a pretty large number of transactions over the years they have all been great with the exception of the one we are working on. There are some great people here that have great morals. Statistically I would say overall the amount of transactions that have gone south the last year or 2 is less than 1 percent, which is pretty awesome.

It is a shame that you have to take time out of your life to sort through the few exceptions.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pooh4459

I think the classifieds are pretty great. I've never had any serious issues and most everyone on there is a real pleasure to deal with.
I will suggest though some kind of rule on the amount of time you have to reply back to someone when your selling or buying. Don't tell somebody you will take an item and then not log back on till the next afternoon. That leaves the other person in limbo till you decide to get back with them.  Also if you sell something and the item is being returned for an issue then the seller should be responsible for all the shipping charges. Don't try to subtract shipping from the refund or say your not paying for the returned shipping.  If it's your fault the item is being returned then why should the buyer be out one penny when they didn't get anything but there time wasted?

Sir-diealot

I agree with a rating system if possible for trades but would leave it open for sales. Also off topic a little it would be nice to be able tag a person in a thread if you know that they are looking to buy something and what they buy comes up so they can see it. (Also have them get a PM if they are tagged) Not everybody has the time I do to go through all the posts so I thought that might be an idea.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NCL

A fishing site I frequent requires 50 posts and six months on the site before you can post to classified. The time was added because it was discovered some would add minimal responses to get the post count. The site is really strict about the count and ads are removed if the count is not meet,

bbcoach

Saw this coming back in the late winter/ early spring and posted about this issue, when people were buying and selling for the spring season.  Low posters and NO PICS.  I think that the policies that are in place will remedy this situation if made Mandatory.  1. PICS are Mandatory NO Exceptions NO Excuses  2. Paypal only, NO gifts, NO friends  3. Add a minimum post (say 50 posts) to sell or trade on this site.  NO use in reinventing the wheel.  Don't make additional LAWS, just enforce those in place.  PEOPLE on this site need to HEED the WARNINGS of the moderators.  When the moderators tell you to do something, then do as your told.  They run a GREAT site and hear and see things that we aren't privileged to.  You have heard this before but GREAT site Shannon, just wish the 10% would follow the rules in place.

AT

Since I'm a low post member, I'll disagree. Just because I have a low post count doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to sell a call. If you look at the scammer list, the last person put on it had 98 post. That tells me it don't matter what the limit is. I don't do any trading and haven't had any luck selling. Guess I have a low post count. Some people look and listen rather than post so they are not going to have a high post count. If your new or relatively new you won't either. Does that mean you shouldn't be able to sell a call because you don't have a lot of post "No". The only people agreeing with this has 200 to 4,000 post. First time in 39 years I've have had someone to say don't associate with me because I have a low post count. That's the way to treat new folks to Turkey Hunting. Thanks!!!!!! That's the way to get new people interested in the sport.