OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ebay and state tax

Started by doublespurs21, October 06, 2019, 10:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublespurs21

just found out, when you buy on ebay, there is a addition charge for state sell tax. I can see paying tax on something brand new. but paying taxes on something used or being 50 years old.  34 states do this now,, 

Yoteduster

City, county,state and the federal government all believe your money is their money and want as much of it as they can get if they can figure out a way to to tax anything and everything they will do it

Sir-diealot

Yea and it is even more if you buy from somebody in your state.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

callmakerman

Yup no more bargains on ebay any more. I've been paying the tax since the start on July. Those big ticket calls , motorcycle or maybe classic car really hit you hard when you figure in the tax. We pay plenty for tax in NY and I wonder just what our wonderful governor is going to do with the extra money.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: callmakerman on October 06, 2019, 02:26:46 PM
Yup no more bargains on ebay any more. I've been paying the tax since the start on July. Those big ticket calls , motorcycle or maybe classic car really hit you hard when you figure in the tax. We pay plenty for tax in NY and I wonder just what our wonderful governor is going to do with the extra money.
You made a huge mistake, you said "governor" and what you meant to say was DICTATOR
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Jester87

Along with ebay, private seller sales on Amazon have to charge tax now too. Before you'd only pay tax if Amazon or the seller you purchased from had a physical location in your state. No more.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Jester87 on October 06, 2019, 02:56:38 PM
Along with ebay, private seller sales on Amazon have to charge tax now too. Before you'd only pay tax if Amazon or the seller you purchased from had a physical location in your state. No more.
That's how ebay was too.

John Koenig: