OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy base question?

Started by Coop1082, July 29, 2018, 08:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Quick little question. Just had my Franchi Affinity 20 drilled and tapped this past week for a Sumtoy FF/Venom base. Question is what torque do I need to install the base at? Going to use some blue loctite with the screws just wanted to see how tight I need to torque the screws down to to prevent stripping.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

3bailey3

William at Sumtoy should be able to help you, I just hope we have a spot on the roaring 20 for you this year!

SumToy

just snug it hand tight.    Them are small screws and aluminium.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

TalksToTurkeys

I used an OR3GUN sight saddle to mount an ff3 to my 935. The instructions said to use a small drop of blue locktight and do not exceed 12 inch lbs. Wait 24 hrs. before mounting your optic to the base.
I followed the same instructions when mounting a SumToy base to my 20 gauge.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on July 31, 2018, 11:47:20 AM
I used an OR3GUN sight saddle to mount an ff3 to my 935. The instructions said to use a small drop of blue locktight and do not exceed 12 inch lbs. Wait 24 hrs. before mounting your optic to the base.
I followed the same instructions when mounting a SumToy base to my 20 gauge.
Very good information. The Wheeler Engineering "FAT Torque Wrench Screwdriver" is just a great tool for mounting anything gun related.
Those OR3GUN products are also top shelf. I only wish they'd been available years ago.
Good post.
Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."