turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Happy Camper

Started by Sir-diealot, May 25, 2018, 10:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

A friend of mine loaned me his van so I can go hunting tomorrow. May be able to go Monday as well depending if they work or not, they are Mennonite so the do not observe all we do. So 2 days of hunting are better than the 1 day I have had so I am a happy camper. I have to remember to bring the camera with me in case is see some and they do not come close enough.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BrowningGuy88

Good luck out there!

Having friends is a wonderful thing.

Cut N Run

Good Luck & Have Fun!

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Cluckncrazy

Good luck and enjoy every minute of it!

Sir-diealot

Thank's ya'll had fun. I think I had one coming in and was trying to keep gun in the ready position but my shoulder could not handle it and the gun kinda fell into the front of the blind making a lot of noise. I only heard him once after that and it was further away. I will be using another friend vehicle the rest of the week except I think he said Thursday. If I had been able to get bigger blind set up at the beginning of the season as I had planned I would not have had this issue as there is much more room, the one I have been using is an Ameristep 2 man chair blind. Things have improved over the years, so maybe some day I won't need a blind any more, that will be fun again. I did get to see a deer though, that's always fun and if I had my .243 I could have gotten a woodchuck.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

captpete

Sounds like you didn't completely get skunked. Go get 'em the rest of the week and good luck!!!

earl9932

maybe try a shooting stick, nothing wrong with that.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on May 27, 2018, 07:38:24 AM
Sounds like you didn't completely get skunked. Go get 'em the rest of the week and good luck!!!
Oh no don't say skunked! Last April (2017) I knew I was going to have surgery on my right shoulder and would not be able to turkey hunt so I went out a few days before the season to get some pictures of some turkeys anyway and when I was sitting there calling I had a skunk come within 15 feet of me right up my trail and the only trail back out. Was a tense time but luckily I left with nothing but my armpits stinking. lol

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: earl9932 on May 27, 2018, 07:43:21 AM
maybe try a shooting stick, nothing wrong with that.
I did have one but it was not working out in there because of the size. If I can figure out how to attach it to the barrel then maybe it will work. There are two small holes one on each side of the yoke so I will try to figure it out tonight.

John Koenig: