Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

20 gauge: Apex and Longbeard Targets

Started by longbeards, May 23, 2018, 09:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards

I am posting two targets I shot this evening: Both shot with a Franchi Compact Affinity with a 24 inch tube in 20 gauge. Choke was a SumToy .662. Target was 40 measured yards. Both targets will put the hurting on a gobbler!!
You Be the Judge!
Best Longbeards WV

The Longbeard XR by Winchester put 149 pellets in the 10 inch circle at 40 yards.

The Apex put 333 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards, BUT it was 6 to 8 inches lower!!

I really wish I would have had a few more Apex to run though the ringer!!

Tom Foolery

Both are great patterns, looks like a rezero if you want to use the Apex load. 

BrowningGuy88

I really like both patterns.

Hunt with whichever shell you prefer to buy and go kill some toms!

BandedSpur

I'm sure you meant .562. Nothing comes close to TSS.

longbeards

For certain on the .562!!

Love the Apex but the price is killing me! I hope to hunt 6 states this next spring!! God willing!!

jryser

Learn to hand load your own!  It's WAY fun and frankly amazing.  And easier on ur wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs Up

Quote from: jryser on May 24, 2018, 04:07:50 PM
Learn to hand load your own!  It's WAY fun and frankly amazing.  And easier on ur wallet!

"WAY fun" - yep!
"Amazing" - no argument from me
"Easier on ur wallet" - we'll...theoretically so, if you live long and shoot a close to a bazillion turkeys; otherwise, not so much (but totally worth the fun)

BTW, nice job with the roll crimps. What brand crimping die?  And the blue hulls...cool.What brand?

jryser

Quote from: Spurs Up on June 02, 2018, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: jryser on May 24, 2018, 04:07:50 PM

"WAY fun" - yep!
"Amazing" - no argument from me
"Easier on ur wallet" - we'll...theoretically so, if you live long and shoot a close to a bazillion turkeys; otherwise, not so much (but totally worth the fun)

BTW, nice job with the roll crimps. What brand crimping die?  And the blue hulls...cool.What brand?
Lol I know - the wife doesn't know about the $1000.00 in TSS in my safe (thanks Hal!) - but she knows I'll be filming some heads cracking!! 

Precision Reloading roll crimp, and the little WD40 really helps along with going slow and letting the friction heat do the work!!

Cheddite on the hulls. Just loaded 28ga for my Benelli Ultralight 28. What an amazing little gun!!!  Gonna take that out tomorrow!!

Spurs Up

That is one sweet gun! I'm envious.  Had my eye on the same in a 20 ga for a little while. As light as it is, it would be about perfect if a bit more compact (shorter LOP and barrel length). Then again, there is no perfect gun but that one comes close.