OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Let's make it 9

Started by Yoder409, May 19, 2018, 06:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Got a little damp this morning. But I had an idea that a date with an old friend (this bird has given me FITS for two years !!) might be in order today.

I got set up within about 100 yards of this dude. He started gobbling and I fed him a few tree calls which got him fired up pretty good. I laid off for about 10 minutes and left him just gobble. Then I tossed him a few more tree calls and got a little excited at the end. He was ALL sorts of wound up. I shut up.

Couple minutes later, his hens started falling out of the trees between me and him................ 4 or 5 of them.............then he hit the ground. About two minutes later, he came pushing his hens past me, a bit up slope. Wasn't sure he was going to stop and just before I was going to stop him he did it on his own.................. Flattened him out right there. He makes the 9th longbeard to get a ride in my pickup this spring between me, my daughter and my brother.

1 3/8"+ spurs if you measure the curve. 11" whisker

He's my 3rd 20 gauge bird this spring. Not sure my 3 1/2" 12 gauges are ever going to see much turkey action any more.............

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Congrats again!  A terrific season and an outstanding gobbler. Well done.

bigbird

Congratulations!! You have had a great year

bobk

Congratulations.....  Great bird and terrific season!!!

Hatchet Jack

Awesome!!!!! Good Job!!!!! Glad to see there is still some action out there. You just inspired me to get out a few more times before the season ends.

renegade19

owlhoot

Congrats on some nice ones

mspaci

tell me about that gun plese, Mike

Yoder409

Quote from: mspaci on May 20, 2018, 09:54:15 AM
tell me about that gun plese, Mike

It's a NEF (H&R) 3" 20 gauge single.  25 1/2" barrel.

Had it drilled and tapped.  Installed a Weaver rail and a Burris red dot.

The barrel went to SumToy Customs where William did the forcing cone, threaded the barrel with Tru-Choke threads and installed one of his own (.562-5) choke tubes.  I'm running Federal Heavyweight 7's through it.  It is a little MONSTER !!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

SteelerFan

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

dublelung

Tossed him calls, hens falling out of trees, flattened him out, and whiskers? Dangit man, I've got to get a new turkey hunting dictionary, mine's out dated as hell.  ;D

Congrats on the gobbler, he's a fine one!

idgobble

Congratulations.  I love that gun!

Yoder409

Quote from: dublelung on May 21, 2018, 11:55:18 AM
Tossed him calls, hens falling out of trees, flattened him out, and whiskers? Dangit man, I've got to get a new turkey hunting dictionary, mine's out dated as hell.  ;D

Congrats on the gobbler, he's a fine one!

Time to get with the program and leap.over your language barrier, my friend .........    Lol !!!

PA elitist since 1979