OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2018 southeastern Washington spring gobbler

Started by Sailor731, May 16, 2018, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor731

First day out with my new call from Jeff White and the new striker from West Augusta (Steve). I hunt in southeastern Washington just outside of Walla Walla. This is the biggest gobbler I have taken in my short turkey hunting experience. I've only been hunting turkeys for the last couple years. Unfortunately I didn't weigh him, but he had a 10 1/4 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs.
I use a Weatherby 20 ga. model# SA-08 and a Be Adaptive Equipment shooting system. I was injured in a automobile versus pedestrian accident January 26, 2009 when I stop to help a disabled motorist on the freeway.  I'm a hands-free hunter (quadriplegic) as a result of this accident.

Happy

Congrats. Way to persevere and enjoy life.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rio Fan

Congrats! I've done a lot of turkey hunting in SE Washington in the Blue Mountains. That's some beautiful country.

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats man and I salute you for not giving up and living your life to the fullest after your accident. Good job brother.....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Gobble!

That's probably the most beautful fan I've seen. Congrats sir.

nitro

Congratulations!! Great hunt !! I love hunting Gobblers in WA State. Fantastic country out there.
Royal Slam 2008

Tomfoolery

Congrats and way to stay at it  you should be an inspiration to all of us. Ill double think next time i complain about how much walking i have to do. Good job sir

kyturkeyhunter4

daddyduke

Congrats! Thanks for being a Man of Service.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

squidd

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."