News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Older Lynch

Started by Upfold99, June 04, 2018, 07:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfalcon

Upfold 99,
You're call has 2 extra holes in the end block for "valve stems"..rare call..don't try to clean

Upfold99

Thanks for the info. Mr. Jenkins and I have yet to get together and discuss the call.

I did notice the extra holes but had no clue they were for valve stems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

North of 8

:turkey2:
The prices recently on the rarest of Old Lynch calls is amazing. This smooth sided caller fits in that bunch among the rarest. Not a Miss Polly however darn near as rare. PRICELESS!!!!!  INSURANCE VALUE $2200 -2700 WITH NO DOUBT......and probably more. Contact Mike Battey as he does appraisals.

North of 8

:z-guntootsmiley:

I count 13 holes, not just 12. you need to also included the hole that has the tuning piece inserted
I would call that caller "Ole Lucky 13". Never did hear of a 13 hole.

Upfold99

North of 8 you are right. However, there appears to be no evidence online of a 13 hole. Hopefully Mr. Jenkins can enlighten me.

Thankyou all for the posted comments and info.

North of 8

So it is very rare and I bet Mr Jenkins has never seen one either. I have never seen one or ever heard of one.

North of 8

Quote from: North of 8 on June 27, 2018, 01:04:33 PM
So it is very rare and I bet Mr Jenkins has never seen one either. I have never seen one or ever heard of one.
Quote from: Upfold99 on June 27, 2018, 12:48:44 PM
North of 8 you are right. However, there appears to be no evidence online of a 13 hole. Hopefully Mr. Jenkins can enlighten me.

Thankyou all for the posted comments and info.

Online IS NOT THE TOTAL OR ONLY SOURCE

Upfold99

The call is a 12 hole, pre turkey in the pines (1940's) with walnut base and lid with mahogany sides.

However this one does have 13 holes, which was probably a mistake. Mr. Lynch threw nothing away and most likely just used the lid any way. Since Mr. Lynch kept everything there can be slight differences in calls made pre 1958. This explains the lid. Some calls did have valve stems and they were placed under the lid by the tuning screw.

Thank you all for the comments.

nitro

Incredible call for sure.
Royal Slam 2008