Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone still going

Started by wvmntnhick, May 13, 2018, 10:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Just curious how everyone has done and if everyone has wrapped it up yet? Looks like another solid season for y'all. Would've liked to have converted on a bird I'd missed earlier in the season but glad to see several of ya pulling the bulk of the load. Y'all sure shot some dandies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

I'm still going at it, but this has been the worst year that I ever experienced. In a solid nine days of hunting, I set up once and it was for a jake. The birds are not vocal this year including the hens. I must say that this is the first year ever that I did not fire up or call in a hen. My season officially closes on 5/31, but I will be done prior to that due to other obligations.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Dr Juice on May 14, 2018, 04:55:09 AM
I'm still going at it, but this has been the worst year that I ever experienced. In a solid nine days of hunting, I set up once and it was for a jake. The birds are not vocal this year including the hens. I must say that this is the first year ever that I did not fire up or call in a hen. My season officially closes on 5/31, but I will be done prior to that due to other obligations.
It took them a couple weeks to wanna play here too man. Don't beat yourself up too bad over it. Turkeys get weird at times.

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cmadams

I'm done just need to upload photos

GobbleNut

Just concluded my season as of May 17th.  Last trip was to Utah and Colorado this last week.  Took a nice Merriam's in UT (as usual, won't score worth a darn for the contest).  Missed a "gimmee" shot on another Merriam's in CO the last morning,...too close and at a bad angle, but still should have been a dead bird.  (I hate to end the season with a miss,...that will bother me for a while). 

All in all, it's been a good year,...killed five mature birds (four Merriam's and one Rio) of which four were 3+ years old.  None scored well, as usual for these western turkeys,...with the best of the bunch being the Rio I killed early on. 

Congratulations to all of our team members for another great year.   

BOFF

I'm finished.

Isn't Roost1 still hunting?

God Bless,
David B.

Roost 1

Just pulllef up to my buds farm in MI...fixing to catch a nap.

hookedspur

Good luck   Hope it's a monster
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvmntnhick

Get 'em boy!

BOFF

Be safe!

Hope to see some success pics and smiles!

God Bless,
David B.

whiskey

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 25, 2018, 03:25:33 AM
Just pulllef up to my buds farm in MI...fixing to catch a nap.

Good luck buddy. Kill us a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roost 1

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 27, 2018, 09:52:37 PM
I'm done....
And...  We're waiting! Lol