OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much would YOU pay for a platz glass call

Started by Happy hooker, April 29, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

I'm wondering?? If you had a chance to get a platz walnut glass in excellent condition what would be the highest "cash" amount you would go for one.
Like to hear a lot of input,ceilings.

TerryLNanny

Depends on how bad you want one, they are not readily available, they are top of the line calls. I have a couple but not for sale as of now. 200.00 to 350.00 range.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

Bowhuntr73

The same price as a Shaffer or Roberts. We place demand higher than quality. Many call makers make calls that are the same quality as Platz calls but we have to obtain the calls. Are they any better than a Platz?? I don't know but take away the name on the calls and let's see who can tell the difference???? All I am saying is guys will say that certain calls are the best- do you think the turkey says "nope I'm not coming cause that's a call not made by a top shelf maker?" Seriously? Buy the calls you like, hunt the calls you like and just enjoy the hunt! We over emphasize these high end calls to the point we are getting away from what it is all about.

MS Boy

I will give $275 for one right now if someone has one ?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

No where close to the numbers mentioned but I am not a collector. Get what you can but do fair market.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: Bowhuntr73 on April 29, 2018, 07:37:49 PM
The same price as a Shaffer or Roberts. We place demand higher than quality. Many call makers make calls that are the same quality as Platz calls but we have to obtain the calls. Are they any better than a Platz?? I don't know but take away the name on the calls and let's see who can tell the difference???? All I am saying is guys will say that certain calls are the best- do you think the turkey says "nope I'm not coming cause that's a call not made by a top shelf maker?" Seriously? Buy the calls you like, hunt the calls you like and just enjoy the hunt! We over emphasize these high end calls to the point we are getting away from what it is all about.

Good post, but each to their own
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MS Boy

Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 29, 2018, 08:30:23 PM
The prices I posted are just what I have seen them go for lately
Yep you are in line with what I have seen as well. I would like to buy one.

KYHeadhunter02

Bought few around $175-200. Traded a $250 watkins fiddle for one also. I think a fair price on one is $125-$150. Just my opinion. Supply & demand sets the price, just like everything else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

land cruiser

I just paid $250 for one. Let's see what the hype is about.

MS Boy

Quote from: land cruiser on April 29, 2018, 09:34:20 PM
I just paid $250 for one. Let's see what the hype is about.
If it is over hyped for you when you get it just pm me and I will give you your money back for it.

land cruiser

callmakerman

For me it's not worth it even though I'm a pot call guy. But.. if your really into a call or call makers style then go for it. Case in point. I bought a Buice trumpet because I wanted one again and paid a pretty penny for it but this call has been one of the best moves I have made. Why? Because it just sounds so good I can't put it down. Only you can decide if it's worth it or not and should never feel you need to explain it at any time. Unless the Mrs. find out. Then good luck as she may kill you. LOL

Bowguy

Quote from: Bowhuntr73 on April 29, 2018, 07:37:49 PM
My sentiments exactly. I have a few Platz calls and I'd never pay high dollar for em. They're good yes. Not anymore so than many others. Good post!

compton30

How much would I pay? $0. The difference in a MAC or Schaeffer isn't $100 or more dollars. I understand why folks pay what they pay, but I've listened to the sound files and it's just not $100 dollars better to me

1iagobblergetter

If you want one bad, have the money for it ,and the family isn't going without buy it and I wouldn't care what anyone else thought.
How much would I pay ??? More than the next guy if I wanted it bad enough.
Like others have said it's pure supply and demand. I've spent money a'lot more foolish and I'm sure you have also without the chance to ever get money back if one ever wanted to do so.The way I am it will be when I'm toes up and my kids choose to do so.