OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crystal mistress what to condition with

Started by pseshooter300, April 09, 2018, 12:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pseshooter300

Just ordered a crystal mistress and didn't know if it come with a conditioner or what everyone uses to condition this call with?
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Candyman

I used a stone on mine to rough it up good. Then when it needs a touch-up I use drywall screen.

Jroddc

Quote from: Candyman on April 09, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
I used a stone on mine to rough it up good. Then when it needs a touch-up I use drywall screen.
Same

pseshooter300

I wish I would have new that I would have ordered a stone also
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

bbcoach

Drywall screen or sandpaper.  Drywall screen doesn't clog up as bad but 100-150 grit sandpaper works well also.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

southern_leo

Conditioning stone left to right, then one direction drywall screen. It will remove the glass dust between the scrapes and should run good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ChainReactionGC

I use quite a few different things. Always have a stone and sandpaper. Using different grit materials will make the call sound different and make it more versatile. I will say that one of my favorite materials to condition crystal and glass is the roll of heavy duty sand paper from O'Reilly's autoparts. It's about 3/4" thick and about 24" long. I cut it off in 1" sections. It's 80 grit and/or 100 grit. That little piece can be used multiple times and I love the sound I get from it's conditioning. Always wipe the dust from the crystal, so it doesn't clog the grooves in the conditioning and/or clog the striker faster.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

silverspur

It should come with drywall screen, mine did
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

kjnengr

Quote from: Jroddc on April 09, 2018, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: Candyman on April 09, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
Same
Same here as well. 

LabsRUsII

Try abranet 240 grit the clean with alcohol pad  https://knottsknives.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products/ambranet-mesh-sandpaper
Great for sanding on lathe too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods