turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Carlson's Long Beard XR Turkey Choke Tube and Mossberg Accu-choke

Started by thunderbirder, April 19, 2018, 12:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderbirder

Hey all, I was hoping you could help me figure out whether Carlson's Long Beard XR choke will fit on my Mossberg 590 with the Accu - Choke.
The closest model of the Carlson's choke I found was:

X-Full Turkey
Firearm Model: Mossberg 835/935
Size .683"

Any help would be appreciated,
Al

davisd9

It is probably the same as the 500 which uses the Accu-Choke.  The 835s and 935s take the Accu-Mag chokes.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

thunderbirder

Quote from: davisd9 on April 19, 2018, 12:43:08 PM
It is probably the same as the 500 which uses the Accu-Choke.  The 835s and 935s take the Accu-Mag chokes.

Thanks, you're right. The threading diameter is different on the Accu - choke vs the Accu - Mag.
After checking further, it looks like the Calrson's turkey choke for the Browning Invector, size .660", is the one I'm looking for. This is the interchange list I based this on: https://basspro.scene7.com/is/content/BassPro/99_PDF/Carlsons2014ChokeTubeInterchangeGuide.pdf

davisd9

Accu-Choke is the same as the Invector and Win Choke system.  It will work in some mossbergs, some winchesters, some brownings, and I think the Weatherby SA-459. Good luck.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: davisd9 on April 19, 2018, 01:30:01 PM
Accu-Choke is the same as the Invector and Win Choke system.  It will work in some mossbergs, some winchesters, some brownings, and I think the Weatherby SA-459. Good luck.

^ Plus the Ithaca Mod 37/87 (non-Ohio made guns). I just picked up a mint Mod. 87 3" gun to use this season.