OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

bought 1st pot call last year. blacked out the last 30 days and bought some more

Started by Goblue4016, April 16, 2018, 10:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblue4016

I have a love hate relationship with you all.. before I ever found this site I owned 1 redhead slate call. Now since I have discovered custom calls I am broke and my Girlfriend hates me hahaha I BLAME YOU ALL!!! lol

Hanks Zebrawood glass
Hanks Padauk Aluminum
Hanks Osage Slate
Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen
Lonnie Sneed Outlaw Hen
Lonnie Sneed Lonesome Hen
Lonnie Sneed Tree Talker
Gooserbat Hickory Slate
John Sinclair slate over glass in Cocobolo
David Crystal Mistress

SS field box call
Hooks Owl and Crow call

raven105

This post... it hits me in the feels. I'm with ya buddy, I got carried away too. Sure is fun though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

...and so it begins.

Welcome; pull up a chair and join the group. We meet regularly. You'll have the support of several sponsors enablers.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Sir-diealot

I am slowly working on getting there myself, I want a slate in each color, red, green (Coming) Black (Have) and I just found out there is a purple slate. I don't know what but I just like slate calls. I also want to get my first copper call and that will come from M,Yingling. I have to get a trumpet somehow by May 2019 Nice collection by the way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

JLH

Easy fix...

Tell the girlfriend to get a second job......that way you'll have extra $, and she won't be home to get the mail.

That's a great start!

zelmo1

JLH has the best idea. I am 50/20, 50 years old and same woman for 20 years. I have proved my worth and can buy "goodies" any time. I am truly blessed. Al Baker :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Caspar

hello, my name is caspar (Tim), and yep, im addicted. i had one K&H slate call for the last 5-6 years (idk maybe longer). i joined this forum looking for a custom pot call and now have 5. im not even close to being done yet! theres so many more i want to try out. lol

this is what i have for this year:

strut zone- anodized aluminum in padauk
strut zone- stoned aluminum in osage
hanks - glass in zebrawood
american strutter- ceramic in curly maple
ss custom calls- bronze glass in redheart (won this on the forum)

added

american strutter- yellowheart over walnut (box)
blackstone-glass in walnut
hanks- slate in osage
hanks- slate in padauk
halloran- metal mouth crystal
halloran- slate in wenge
halloran- crystal mistress
sneed- hot hen slate

tracker#1

Been on this forum for just a couple of years now and pushing the $3,000 mark and still on some callmakers lists for more calls coming, I'm scared to check in.... I look at it this way, can't take it with ya and the wife will have a great garage sale someday....

Triple B

Quote from: JLH on April 17, 2018, 06:15:34 AM
Easy fix...

Tell the girlfriend to get a second job......that way you'll have extra $, and she won't be home to get the mail.

That's a great start!
It's not like going to a bar and drinking your money away either.At least you got something to show for it. I been using that line for years.... Tell them you are always just trading calls. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Browning87

The first step is admitting you have a problem, welcome to
The club my friend. It only gets worse!

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Browning87 on April 17, 2018, 11:27:26 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem, welcome to
The club my friend. It only gets worse!
It definitely does..Wait until you get into virtually every kind of turkey call,books,old school guns,etc..
Tip= Buy several calls at one time from one callmaker. One box coming in the mail doesn't draw as much attention as several throughout the week. Lol..

idratherb

BTH

Phil 4:13