turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Mexico 2018

Started by JMalin, April 16, 2018, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMalin

Opening day was yesterday.  Any reports?  I'll be hunting the Lincoln the 25th-29th and will post updates during my trip.

GobbleNut

Had a great opening day hunt with this gobbler and three of his buddies in the Lincoln. Four came,...three left.   :D

JMalin

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 16, 2018, 02:49:32 PM
Had a great opening day hunt with this gobbler and three of his buddies in the Lincoln. Four came,...three left.   :D

Nice!  Much easier trekking in that cedar country.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

quackaddict

I was wondering if you tipped one over. Nice job.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Cut N Run

Great way to start the season.  Congratulations!

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

This one came down a steep ridge and crossed a draw to find the hen in my Hudson hen box.

WiLL B

Marc

Well done!

I am envious of the birds and the country you hunt...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

kyturkeyhunter4

quackaddict

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on April 16, 2018, 09:03:07 PM
This one came down a steep ridge and crossed a draw to find the hen in my Hudson hen box.

Very nice! What part of the state were you hunting?
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: quackaddict on April 17, 2018, 12:24:24 PM
Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on April 16, 2018, 09:03:07 PM

Very nice! What part of the state were you hunting?
That was in the Lincoln.  We found the number of gobbling birds to be down from the opener last few years.  Can't say that is actual numbers or some of the toms just aren't that hot yet.

quackaddict

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on April 17, 2018, 12:29:51 PM

That was in the Lincoln.  We found the number of gobbling birds to be down from the opener last few years.  Can't say that is actual numbers or some of the toms just aren't that hot yet.

Gotcha. I'm headed into the Gila Thursday night to hunt for a few days...hopefully I'll have a good report from that part of the world when I get back.

tomstopper

Congrats.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk