News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Billy Bush paddle call

Started by packmule, May 06, 2018, 10:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

packmule

Hi
I hunt almost exclusively with paddle calls and love to collect good ones.  I've heard a few times about calls built by Billy Bush but have never had the opportunity to run one of his paddle calls.  If anyone has experience with his calls I'd appreciate your thoughts, either by posting here or in a pm.  Also, an info on how to contact him would be appreciated.
Thanks.

idratherb

Chances are once you get his, your others will stay in a case or be sold

paboxcall

Billy Bush Begging Machines = A finely tuned paddle call, the Stradivarius of long boxes. And easy on the eyes, too.

Quote from: idratherb on May 06, 2018, 01:06:23 PM
Chances are once you get his, your others will stay in a case or be sold
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

crow

they are fine pieces of craftsmanship, great clucks purrs and yelps, multiple turkeys on each side.

a lot of wrasp if wanted, but can get clean yelps by different handle positions.

excellent calls in my opinion that can be run about as quiet as a scratch box or as loud as you would want

yelpy

I have 2, had 3. Gave one to my nephew as a gift. 2 more on order. Great calls!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

packmule

Thank you for the information. It sounds like his calls have a spring under the paddle. In terms of volume are his calls similar to a Burrville Bomber?

paboxcall

There's more volume packed in his long box than needed. I'd hunt it on the windiest day without pause. What makes his so sweet is what it will do on the soft and quiet side.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

greencop01

Quote from: paboxcall on May 07, 2018, 01:44:30 PM
There's more volume packed in his long box than needed. I'd hunt it on the windiest day without pause. What makes his so sweet is what it will do on the soft and quiet side.
X2  One of the best!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

packmule