OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

finally got my hands on an old school remington

Started by Squatpun, April 07, 2018, 12:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squatpun

hey guys, I was finally able to get my hands on one for a decent price.  Now...whats everyone shooting out of these as far as chokes/shells with good results?  not sure how much I will use it hunting but excited to at least kill one bird with it.

drakehammer

Funny how popular those are now and noone wanted one back in its infancy. Camo pattern wasn't cool enough back then. Lol. Now look. Nice gun!  Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYshotgunner

"Don't go pokin' at it, don't over think it"
NRA Life Member, Veteran

Ozarks Hillbilly

Looks like you got a good gun safe find there by looking at your picture.  :z-winnersmiley:

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

My Greenleaf shoots a carlsons xr choke and Winchester xr 5 shot well. PLENTY good for 40 yards.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

nyhunter

I have the exact same gun, It shoot's H-13 #6's with a jellyhead.660 really good, 180-190 in a 10" circle at 40, It also shoots Win. LB #5's with a Kicks gobblin thunder .665 really good, 160-165 in a 10" at 40. I went with the LB's because they shot dead on poa to poi with the bead's and I wanted to shoot this gun with no optics. good luck with it. 

Izzyjoe

Nice shotgun! I have an 870 SP , and it shoots well with the Carlson long beard choke, and 1.75oz. #5 Long beards. There are hundreds of different combinations you could try, but this one puts up good numbers, and is proven. And economical also!

Squatpun

Nyhunter, are you using and old jellyhead or the newer versions?  I can't find any old original ones

mrlongbeard

I shoot an Indian Creek .665 in all my Old School Remingtons

Mossy12GA

Mossberg shooter since 1968

Ozarks Hillbilly

Rhino G1 .660 or Original Jellyhead .660 and Nitro H321A #7 or Hevi-13 2oz #7

Squatpun

nyhunter

Quote from: Squatpun on April 07, 2018, 06:04:55 PM
Nyhunter, are you using and old jellyhead or the newer versions?  I can't find any old original ones

Old Style

Gobble!

Waynesworld23

To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift