OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Time to upgrade. Seeking opinions

Started by land cruiser, April 05, 2018, 07:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

Those Weatherbys sure looked nice.  I just couldn't find any in 20ga when I was shopping around.

DrDirtNap

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 06, 2018, 05:55:23 PM
Those Weatherbys sure looked nice.  I just couldn't find any in 20ga when I was shopping around.

Yes.  They are in high demand.   Especially around turkey season. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

land cruiser

Quote from: Meatseeker on April 06, 2018, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: land cruiser on April 05, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! Did you gun come in camo or black? How recently have you spoken with them about pistol grip for the 20ga? Thank you.

I got the 20 gauge, M2, with 24" barrel in Realtree APG.  I got it off of Gunbroker shipped to my FFL for $1350.
Got it, I can't find one at that price but 100 difference is not a huge deal. Will call them Monday to talk about the pistol grip options.

Meatseeker

Quote from: land cruiser on April 06, 2018, 10:50:45 PM
Quote from: Meatseeker on April 06, 2018, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: land cruiser on April 05, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! Did you gun come in camo or black? How recently have you spoken with them about pistol grip for the 20ga? Thank you.

I got the 20 gauge, M2, with 24" barrel in Realtree APG.  I got it off of Gunbroker shipped to my FFL for $1350.
Got it, I can't find one at that price but 100 difference is not a huge deal. Will call them Monday to talk about the pistol grip options.

If you find a pistol grip for a Benelli M2 20 gauge please let me know

land cruiser

CtRider

Quote from: DrDirtNap on April 05, 2018, 09:14:10 PM
Weatherby SA-459

How'd you get the fan to stay open for that photo?

DrDirtNap

Quote from: CtRider on April 07, 2018, 01:06:40 PM
Quote from: DrDirtNap on April 05, 2018, 09:14:10 PM
Weatherby SA-459

How'd you get the fan to stay open for that photo?

I used a limber green stick that I slit on both ends.  Just stick the base of fan feather on one side into one end of the stick then spread the fan and stick another feather base in the other end of the stick.   You have to have the right length stick but it can be done. 

Mossy12GA

I was just on the Winchester site........SX3, 20GA, 7lbs. 2oz., $1300
Mossberg shooter since 1968

dbishop

If you can find one...the Winchester Longbeard SuperX 3 in 20 ga sounds about perfect.  I've never actually seen one in person...but it's at the top of my 20 gauge list when and if I do ever come across one.

land cruiser

That's an interesting alternative, not sure if I still am the early adopter

Meatseeker

Quote from: dbishop on April 07, 2018, 11:01:12 PM
If you can find one...the Winchester Longbeard SuperX 3 in 20 ga sounds about perfect.  I've never actually seen one in person...but it's at the top of my 20 gauge list when and if I do ever come across one.

I looked at those too.   They look very nice.  The only problem is they weigh 7.5 lbs....   kind of defeats the purpose of carrying a 20 gauge in my opinion.

Twodogs

Quote from: Meatseeker on April 06, 2018, 03:20:55 PM
Quote from: Twodogs on April 06, 2018, 09:13:40 AM
Benelli does make a pistol grip 20 gage. It's the Performance Shop M2 Turkey Edition. Only $2,500...

Unless they started building it in the last 4 weeks.  I just checked there website.  The only pistol grip model is for a 12 gauge.

My bad, you are correct. I had to go back and look at their website again. I guess it is only available in 12 gage.

land cruiser

Spoke with two different reps and Sure Grip only comes for 12 gauge, you can fit it on the 20 gauge gun but it will stick out and look like a hack. They do get a lot of questions about it though so I'm hoping something like this will come in the future

land cruiser

M2 in 20ga with 24" barrel it is. Now the million-dollar question desk how do you mount a fastfire iii on it? Also, which choke?

deltaeta

Quote from: land cruiser on April 22, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
M2 in 20ga with 24" barrel it is. Now the million-dollar question desk how do you mount a fastfire iii on it? Also, which choke?
Don't know about the fastfire but the Indian creek is deadly in mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk