turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What combo for Brad Roberts’s bronzed glass

Started by Riley1, April 05, 2018, 02:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley1

I have a couple pieces of bronzed glass secured with Brad was wanting everyone's opinion on what wood and sound board I should go with?

vt35mag

Mahoe and Poplar, both with an aluminum soundboard.

bobk

Quote from: vt35mag on April 05, 2018, 02:47:20 PM
Mahoe and Poplar, both with an aluminum soundboard.

X2

Bronzed Glass over green slate in a Mahoe pot is also outstanding.

JLH

I'd assume you want 2 different sounds....

1st  I'd go with a light domestic wood, walnut, maple etc...with aluminium or glass soundboard....that will play as high and loud as you'd ever need.

2nd think about a heavier exotic...becote, ebony, etc .....and put a slate sound board.....the heavy wood and slate will soften the call out and will play a deeper husky note.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

I'm getting mine In Mahoe pot , bronzed glass over aluminum...

Riley1

I'm gonna do a cedar pot with glass over slate Brad said he has been wanting to try it so I told him to go for it and bocote over slate or glass Brad said he will make a choice on the sound board once he fills his orders and hears both of them. I like the aluminum sound board but already have one. I'm very excited to try the cedar it's gonna be a one of kind hope it turns out. His cedar slate is a absolute killer and is my favorite pot by a long shot. I've called in several long beards to the gun with it so I'm hoping this call will be the same caliber.Man I'm fired up about these calls.

Txag12

Can't decide either. Have one piece. Already have a mahoe, walnut, and poplar bronzed glass over aluminum.

I've debated elm, sycamore, Osage, paduak, bubinga, and goncalo alves for the pot and still can't make up my mind between another Aluminum soundboard or Slate 

Txag12

I ended up going bocote on the pot, debating trying out the slate soundboard but those alum just sound so good!

yelpy

Cherry soundboard in a cherry pot..

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk