OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I love Cocobolo!

Started by Sx4, April 02, 2018, 09:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sx4

With green slate that is! John Sinclair has done it again! Live turkey! An amazing piece of wood! I can't get enough! I have tried many different woods and surfaces from him and every call just makes me go WOW! How can one man be so good at what he does? I dunno but I am glad I found a pot call maker that puts out a product this amazing within a couple day turnaround. You order a turkey call and you get a turkey call well not just a turkey call! An amazing piece of art that sounds just like a live turkey.. I am still shaking my head!

Chris O

Pretty piece of cocobolo for sure

compton30

I believe there's no turnaround wait time because he already has them made. I'm pretty sure he's not receiving your order then starting up his lathe. Congrats on a beauty!

Sir-diealot

Man both the pot and the striker look magnificent, love the grain/wood pattern on both.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

doublespurs21

Sx4

Quote from: compton30 on April 02, 2018, 09:54:46 PM
I believe there's no turnaround wait time because he already has them made. I'm pretty sure he's not receiving your order then starting up his lathe. Congrats on a beauty!

Yes! Sorry to confuse anyone! He came out this year with an idea! An idea that is soooo awesome it will blow your mind! It's called CYT= Call Your Turkey! He makes the pots on a lathe in his shop many long nights! Gives you tons of options on woods and sizes then let's you!! Wait for it!! Pick your surface and soundboard! Genious! You order a call and it comes right away! Wow wow wow And for the record I am not a pro staff I am a regular dude who ordered some calls and everytime I am blown away! Regular guy that likes to hunt turkeys! :turkey2:

merriamsman

I recently got a green slate over glass in a kingwood pot from John, and it instantly became one of my favorite pot calls. John's work is oustanding, and I really like how he has set up his build your own call website. Also, his customer service is outstanding, and his prices are very reasonable. You can't go wrong getting a call from John.

Sx4

Quote from: merriamsman on April 03, 2018, 03:03:03 PM
I recently got a green slate over glass in a kingwood pot from John, and it instantly became one of my favorite pot calls. John's work is oustanding, and I really like how he has set up his build your own call website. Also, his customer service is outstanding, and his prices are very reasonable. You can't go wrong getting a call from John.

Amen!

outdoors

He is a good person
He does a great job in keeping me free extra money in CHECK
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

JLH

Very pretty call.

Im starting to think God made the cocobolo tree for green slate turkey calls!

I have 3 of his green slate cocobolo now...that wood just flat out works with green slate!

davisd9

Quote from: JLH on April 03, 2018, 06:53:03 PM
Very pretty call.

I have 3 of his green slate cocobolo now...that wood just flat out works with green slate!

Cocobolo was created for trumpets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JLH

Quote from: davisd9 on April 03, 2018, 06:57:37 PM
Quote from: JLH on April 03, 2018, 06:53:03 PM
Very pretty call.

Cocobolo was created for trumpets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That too brother!

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sx4

Quote from: davisd9 on April 03, 2018, 10:48:00 PM
You Sinclair fans should jump on this, good price!

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=81668

Let's keep this on topic! Cocobolo! Let's see some more Cocobolo JOHN Sinclair calls more must exist! I can't be the only one who has seen the light!!!! Here are a couple more that I have. One is green slate again and one is stainless.

JLH

Love me some cocobolo!

2 green slates and a titanium.....and another stunning cocobolo green slate on the way!