News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Using a Red Dot sight

Started by cibor, March 31, 2018, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cibor

Hey everyone,

I've always ever used the bead on my shotgun while turkey hunting but lately have been curious about red dot sights; specifically a Vortex venom.  But my question is, how do you aim the damn thing?

I would imagine the idea is I try to keep the dot as close to the center of the window as possible?

Also I've noticed the two white lines at the back of the sight, should I also assume the dot should be between these lines like it would be for regular iron sights or does that not matter so much?

what happens if I have the sight near the top/bottom of the window?

thank you in advance!

-Scott T.

howl

The lines are for use with tall pistol sights as a backup. You might work something out with a shotgun, but it has nothing to do with using the red dot.

Look through the window at the point on the target where you want to hit. Put the dot over the spot you want the pattern to go. It does not matter much where the dot is in the window. You do not focus on the dot. You focus on the spot you want the pattern to center.

Having the dot off center a little will throw the shot off, but it is not enough to matter at turkey hunting ranges.