turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 youth Trulock Fed Heavyweight #7

Started by mbowyer51, March 25, 2018, 10:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbowyer51

Shot Federal HW 2 3/4" 1 1/8 oz. #7, Federal HW 3" 1 1/2", and LB 3' 11/4 oz. #6. All were shot at 30 yards.

albrubacker

The bottom pic is looking very nice! Was that the HW 3" ?
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mbowyer51

Yes the bottom picture is the 3" HW. I was really pleased with the trulock choke in this gun.

sswv

glad you posted. I have the exact same gun. I tried everything I could screw in it but nothing compared to the TruLok. I have been curious about the #6's and getting to see that pattern is nice.  thank you

g8rvet

That sounds just right.  I get high 160s in same gun same choke Fed HW#7 at 40 yards. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

mbowyer51

That's kind of what i figured it would do at 40 yard. I just shot at 30 because the person using it will most likely never shoot beyond that. I'm going to run some handload tss #9 through it here in a couple weeks.

Greg Massey

Trulock 565, with Federal Hw 7 is what i'm shooting with a great pattern... Rem. 870 , 21 inch barrel

fatmo

I set that exact gun up for my grandson with a Trulock Fed HW Choke and run Federal HW #7 1 1/2 ounce.  At 40 I'm getting between 180 -190 in a 10" at 40 yards.    More than pleased!