turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hen box

Started by sbbow, March 25, 2018, 05:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutnrut

With a hen box its not so much about the combo but the tuning. Matt is a great guy. Limba and Snakewood but i like Teak and Snakewood.

mgm1955

Snakewood/teak is awesome

sixbird

I have 5 of Richard's and one on the way. Every time I get one, I think, I hope it's as good as the last one. They always are!
The last two he sent were snakewood over crabapple. I can't imagine a better call...
If you don't have one, do yourself a favor. You won't be sorry, trust me...

Rapscallion Vermilion

Five and one on the way. That's awesome.  I love my two and they have distinct sounds and both are great. Here's a sound file of another one of Richard's boxes.  This one is an old growth teak box with a Macassar ebony lid.  Lest there be any confusion, this is Richard running it not me.  The link was on here some time ago, another victim of the Photobucket block.  Reposting with Richard's permission.

https://soundcloud.com/rapscallion_vermilion/richardhudson_oldgrowth_teak_macassar_lid

sixbird

Yeah, and they won't be the last...I absolutely LOVE Richard's calls. Seems like every one has a different personality and they're all gorgeous, as you've seen.
I have a rosewood over teak (mini), A snakewood over zebrawood (full size), a snakewood over crabapple (mini), a snakewood over crabapple (turpin style), a snakewood over crabapple full size at Kelly's for burning and a rosewood over english walnut (turpin style).
I have two more combinations in mind if Richard is willing...

KYHeadhunter02

Are there many call makers that make a hen box style call?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sbbow

I know of Richard, Matt an Russel Beard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixbird

Irving Witt made a nice one. I don't know if he's back at it yet or not...

sixbird