Main Menu

Hen box

Started by sbbow, March 25, 2018, 05:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

For you guys that have them what is a good combo? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

I love Richard Hudson's katalox over teak.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Turkz39

Katalox over mesquite mini hen box by Matt Fulkerson...

bobk

Snakewood over Black Limba mini hen box by Matt Fulkerson

jed clampett

I don't think you could go wrong with any combo from Matt...i just got a bloodwood teak from him...its my 1st hen box...i really like it!!

Turkz39

If someone knows how to post a sound file let me know or I can text a sound file. Matts hen box is the real deal for sure

jed clampett

I liked it enough to order another...snakewood/walnut

Turkz39

I'm gonna get me another one myself Jed

Rapscallion Vermilion

Soundfile link posted for Turkz39,  Katalox over mesquite short hen box by Matt Fulkerson.

https://soundcloud.com/rapscallion_vermilion/mattfulkerson-katalox-over-mesquite

KYHeadhunter02

That's just a nasty call!! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yoder409

That one's all hen.....     Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

jed clampett

Another great sounding box!!!!

Rapscallion Vermilion

I hope Richard doesn't mind me posting this.  About this time last year I was hunting in Florida and had the great pleasure of meeting Charlie Parrish.  Charlie is rightfully a legend in Osceola country and known for his turkey calls and especially his hen boxes and he asked if he could see the hen box I had with me, one from Richard Hudson in snakewood over black limba.  Charlie asked if he could run it and of course I said yes. And run it he did.  He then very gently handed it back and asked me if I could personally convey to Richard, for him, how remarkably fine he thought that hen box was.  And then he let me run his personal hunting hen box too.  Very cool.

KYHeadhunter02

Any contact info for Fulkerson?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

He goes by TheBigSnood on here.