Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

26" h and r pump, 575 Carlson, fed heavyweight 7 and longbeard 6

Started by sevetts, February 25, 2018, 04:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevetts

Both shots were 40 yards out of dirty barrels. I could have got about 10-15 pellets more out of the heavyweights if I would have moved my circle some. Long beards out of 2 guns today were really impressive! My circles are 11 1/4 in that's what the plate was I used to trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buford

The longbeard looks like the shell and choke to hunt with. Would you please tell us what length barrel is on your h&r.? I'd hunt with it any day!     Buford

Buford

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

nyhunter

:o wow the LB out shot the HW#7's that is impressive , I would hunt with either but being that Fed. discontinued the HW#7's like morons,  I'd hunt with the LB. And I would buy as many as you can because they work so most likely Win. will discontinue them and come out with something that's 5x more expensive. "jmo"  :icon_thumright:

old frank

This is good to know. I have been using the Federal HW#7 with the Carlson.575 from my 870 Youth with good results.

I have about four boxes of thee Federals but I did not know they were being discontinued. I bought some Longbeards  on sale after the season to try but I have not shot them yet.