Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

My season starts this weekend

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 21, 2018, 02:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Central FLA has already started, but my permit isn't good until this weekend. I've got a hunt at one of my favorite WMA's Friday-Sunday. I'll be hitting it hard for 3 days, and hopefully will have get a bird for the team. Good luck to everyone else!! :fud: :turkey:

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TURKEYWHACKER

I have a hunt Fri-Sun also, hope to roll one for the team too.  :fud:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on March 21, 2018, 05:14:16 PM
I have a hunt Fri-Sun also, hope to roll one for the team too.  :fud:
Good luck brother!!! :icon_thumright: :fud: :turkey:

penna shooter

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

Deputy 14

TURKEYWHACKER

Looks like both Rut and I are dealing with the same issue...henned up gobblers. Screaming on the roost, drop down and sashay off with the ladies  :angry9:
Hopefully tomorrow one slips up and gets a facefull of #5's.  :fud:

RutnNStrutn

Bombed out in Florida.  :z-dizzy: So I headed north to my lease in SC. Exact same situation up here. Some gobbling on the roost, pitch down to the ladies, then go quiet and follow the ladies in the opposite direction. Fortunately I can hunt all day up here, unlike FLA. It rained most of the day today, then was overcast the rest. Supposed to be great weather in the AM, so I plan on getting after them.  :fud: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

Twowithone

Good luck get a big ol Gobbler.   :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

buckmark13

Good luck and send pics when you bag one!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

No luck in SC either. Looks like the late season may be the ticket for me this season. Might have time for some open romp and stomp WMA's here in FLA before Hayudog comes in town to hunt with me. After drawing a prime hunt on his first time ever putting in for a FLA WMA hunt, Hay-u-lucky-dog scored. :lol: I'll be guiding him on this WMA and filming for him. Hopefully we'll bag a good one for the team, score some memories for him and I, and be able to post up a cool You Tube film.

Mountainburd

Still plenty of season Rut.  Keep at it. Only takes a second.

RutnNStrutn