OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

3" loads pattern better with Benelli SBE 2 ?????

Started by BINK McCARTY, March 21, 2018, 02:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BINK McCARTY

What's ya'lls opinions/experiences with SBE 2 on 3" loads  V/S 3.5" loads? Have you found one patterns better than the other?

reynolds243

I shot both magblends and LB 5 and 6 in 3" and 3.5". The 3" patterned so well I went with those and the lesser recoil. Those 3.5" pack a punch son. The 3.5 had more pellets at 40 yds but 250 in the 10" at 40 with 3" was plenty for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut N Run

I have a SBE II that shots 3" Hevi #6s & #7s great, but for whatever reason it won't shoot the 3" Mag Blends worth a flip. It does O.K. with 3.5 inch shells, but my 2x surgically repaired shoulder doesn't enjoy them at all. 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 21, 2018, 07:44:55 PM
I have a SBE II that shots 3" Hevi #6s & #7s great, but for whatever reason it won't shoot the 3" Mag Blends worth a flip. It does O.K. with 3.5 inch shells, but my 2x surgically repaired shoulder doesn't enjoy them at all. 

Jim
I saw your pattern you put up with 338 in the 10" using 3" H-13 #7s...that's why I asked about 3" patterning better than a 3.5"...now,don't get me wrong ....I put 336 in the 10 with the 3.5" 7s,but your pattern is WAAAAAYY more uniform & even compared to mine using 3.5"....that's why I was asking about 3" over 3.5". Oh yea.....not to mention the recoil that is slightly uncomfortable....