OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

LongBeard XR 6 shot

Started by IA_Gobbler, March 18, 2018, 11:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IA_Gobbler

Winchester LongBeard XR 3-6-1 1/4oz,got some good numbers. Shot with 870 w/ 26" barrel and Primos JellyHead .570, JEBS Headhunter .555, Carlson Turkey .575 and Carlson LongBeard .568 choke tubes, all shot at 40yds.

Can't get pictures to load...

JellyHead .570 ~ 111
JEBS .555 ~ 112
Carlson (Turkey) .575 ~ 113
Carlson (LongBeard) .568 ~ 145

chatterbox

All great numbers!
Sounds like you're ready!

IA_Gobbler

Almost, poa and poi aren't lining up, have red dot on the way to get it shootin straight

Ozark

: :OGturkeyhead:
All good numbers.
145 might be a little tight for me, but I don't use a red dot sight.
With the red dot the long beard choke should be money. :fud:
Ozark

mtns2hunt

Lb 6's are a good load. I also really like 5's as they are a little bit more forgiving. I think LB 4's are drop dead awesome. My gun shoots all three equally well.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Buford

Mtns2hunt: what gun, barrel, and choke do you shoot the 4's in?      Many thanks, buford

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Buford on April 03, 2018, 10:12:03 PM
Mtns2hunt: what gun, barrel, and choke do you shoot the 4's in?      Many thanks, buford

Browning standard BPS with 26 in barrel. Using a kicks .655 choke. Only had to change POI and have not touched it except to swich out sites. I shoot open sites. Only need one more Florida bird to finish my second slam. Great shooting gun.

Buford

Mnts2hunt: hope you you get a big tom for your second slam!! Bps is a hard one to beat. I have a bps 10 gauge. Kills on both ends. It shoots great with 4 lead.      Buford

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Buford on April 04, 2018, 06:54:45 PM
Mnts2hunt: hope you you get a big tom for your second slam!! Bps is a hard one to beat. I have a bps 10 gauge. Kills on both ends. It shoots great with 4 lead.      Buford

Yes, I believe you do have a really great killing machine. While I like the 12 g BPS it also has some kick. Considering down sizing to a 20 gauge. I have a TC pro hunter that I have done some trigger work on and will probably use it with its light and excellent trigger. The BPS has about 8lbs of trigger pull: a bit heavy. Most of my shots these days are under 40 yards anyway. Good luck with your ten this season!