turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi 720 and several loads

Started by quackaddict, April 05, 2018, 12:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

Went out over the weekend and shot 4 different loads.

3" #5 Kent Diamondshot turkey loads
3" #5 Federal Prairie Storm
3" 1 1/4 oz #6 Winchester Super Pheasant
3" #6 Longbeards

All shot out of a Carlson's .575 turkey choke. Dirty barrel. Hopefully the pictures show up OK, numbers are on the pictures. Kent's were pretty poor, so I didn't even take photos of them. Super Pheasants would be great loads inside 30. Nice even patterns. Prairie Storms weren't bad inside 30, but weren't great. Longbeards really surprised me. I had one pattern @ 139 at 40 yards, but I pulled it pretty bad. POI is off, but I finally figured out my KY windage, so I should be good to go.

Long Beards

Super Pheasants

Prairie Storms

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

quackaddict

Side note, I think the wad from the Prairie Storm would have killed the bird at 20!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold