turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Zinc decoys

Started by Brighthd, March 03, 2019, 03:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brighthd

I purchased the avian x lcd jake and hen in Rio for hunting in Texas. They are heavier than I am used to for running and gunning. Any ideas for carrying?

Gobble!

Did they come with decoy bags? Outside of that best option is probably in the back of a vest.

Yoder409

Any decoy made outta zinc is gonna be heavy.   

Maybe try aluminum.

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Brighthd

Yoder I think that was punny. Anywho the question is do you carry deflated and then blow up or does anyone have experience with these decoys other than a blind set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 04, 2019, 09:19:24 PM
Any decoy made outta zinc is gonna be heavy.   

Maybe try aluminum.

:TooFunny:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Brighthd on March 05, 2019, 09:02:31 AM
Yoder I think that was punny. Anywho the question is do you carry deflated and then blow up or does anyone have experience with these decoys other than a blind set.

My buddy had the Avian X's but made the upgrade to DSD's after 2 years. He had 2 hens, one leaked all the time so she never looked right the other got shot (Called her Maraca, just had to give her a shake) and there was no fixing her. They are heavier, he gave up on blowing them up... was running and gunning and not enough time to sit there and blow up decoys before making a set. Didn't make it worth it to have them.

That spring I gave his son a DSD Upright Hen for his birthday and he was given a second one from another buddy who won a Feeding Hen at our local Sportsman's Club Banquet, April 12 the boy was turning 12 (golden) and it was Youth Weekend in WI. The stage was set and he killed his first bird that Saturday and was a great hunt, his dad and I filmed everything and I did a Display mount for him!

MK M GOBL

Brighthd

I talked to an Avianx rep he Hays that you can carabiner the bags together and carry like a backpack for running and gunning. He says they work with you on leaks.

Great story and pic for the first bird. Would love to see the mount MK M GOBL. Thanks for the response.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Brighthd on March 08, 2019, 08:20:12 PM
I talked to an Avianx rep he Hays that you can carabiner the bags together and carry like a backpack for running and gunning. He says they work with you on leaks.

Great story and pic for the first bird. Would love to see the mount MK M GOBL. Thanks for the response.

I did a fan/wing/beard/spurs for him, did the same for his dad for his first Archery bird. Mounts were made to match!
Would have been like this one

https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL