turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jordan Trumpets?

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 12, 2018, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I do not own a Jordan trumpet call but I have an idea of what I would like if possible.  Please tell me what I need to know about them.  How do they sound compared to other trumpets?  What woods should I look at?  What makers would you recommend?  Any pictures to share would be appreciated.  Thanks

ol bob

A Jorden should be made from river cane!!!

chefrific

It's my understanding that a true Jordan yelper should be river cane and ending with a hen bone mouthpiece. You will see all sorts of configurations out there.  Cane/cane/hen or Cane/various wood/hen, etc.  A few make a "Jordan style", meaning it's shaped like a Jordan but utilizes some other material for the mouthpiece.  I always have one with me because it produces (to me) a slightly higher pitch and slightly different sound than a trumpet. 
Check out Ernie Fetters, Ralph Permar, Anthony Ellis, and Mark Sharpe just to name a few.  I'm sure I'm leaving someone out on that list, and maybe someone will chime in and recommend a few more.  Most of those guys are on here and will be glad to get you going with one.

EZ

I'm trying to post a pic but can't.

EZ

Oh, apparently I can, lol.

EZ

mspaci

Tony makes a great one,  Mike

mgm1955

Good looking horns Tony!!