turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great Season So Far...

Started by crenshawco, April 19, 2011, 12:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crenshawco

I feel very blessed to have a great private place to chase birds on at home in Alabama. It is only 660 acres, but all the good strutting and midday areas are on the neighbors property. This piece of property has taught me one thing and that is to get between birds and where they want to go. That is pretty much what I did with a little assistance from the fatalattraxion slate. Results?

3-15-11

3-18-11

That is my two AL birds so far. I am going back home over Easter and there is a bird that I have some history with. Hopefully  we can get even.

4-5-11

crenshawco

Okay so I wanted to put all of this in one thread, but I am not real tech savvy. The last bird I posted the picture of was MS public land bird #1.  I actually shouldn't have been the shooter but  it is funny how things work out the way they do.

Next up, me and my best turkey hunting buddy finally gain our redemption in a textbook double.

This bird was my second bird on MS public land for the season. He was also a nice bird. 1 1/8  in. spurs 9 3/4 in and 2 3/8 in beards. This bird is compliments of Mr. Eddleman's box call. I had to call loud to get these birds attention, and it was now or never. Luckily they heard the sweet notes that so many gobs have fallen for over the years, and they were on the way. When the gobblers made it to the field, I told Lee to get his gun shouldered, and it wasn't but about 30 seconds and we both had shot. I don't care what anybody says, doubles are awkard and hard to pull off. That makes them even more special. I for one, will never forget that hunt with my buddy Lee.

4-17-11
1 1/8 and .5 in spurs (one was broken off)

crenshawco

Again, I am not very good with these pictures, but the 4-17-11 bird pic didn't show up. As a recap, I have shot 2 in AL and lucked up and killed my 3 in MS. Good Luck to yall as the seasons open up everywhere else. I will be in Neb. in the middle of May so if any of yall will be there then give me a shout. Any way, here are the 4-17-11 bird pics. He was a nice bird but had one  broken spur.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Ol'Mossy

bowhunter84

JVA54

pullit

Hognutz

Very nice. The pictures are wonderful. You done good, Son..They are all Hoss's..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

PANYHunter

Congrats!!  Keep up the good work. 

Basser69

RustySap

cannonball